My return

• Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Hi again all, some of you might remember me :) I was here quite some time ago (been here once in a while since too) but now i have returned. That's right, I got time for poker again, not that we're on the other side of the holiday..

For now I will try my luck with NL (the BSS. SSS is for woozies.. jk ;) ). Used to play limit back then, but decided to give NL a shot to find out what i like the most, and to be honest I'm with NL so far - Just started so only playing NL5 at party at the moment though.. Will hopefully work my way up i the limits at a decent speed since i got most of the basics covered from my time as a limit player and from reading tons in here and on 2p2 - Will read some books too in a while of course.

Anyway: I'm back, so hi again all and good luck at the tables

Best regards,
      Mugge
  • 19 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Mugge!

Welcome back! I wish you the best for your NL poker career and hope that we will have some useful hand discussions.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Welcome back dude!

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Hey Stefan, you are not completely dead :D

In case someone's interested I'm doing okay after the first days at NL - at least I think I am.. Probably making quite alot of mistakes but I have made a little money anyway.. Hopefully I will have the roll to start taking shots at NL10 in about a week (will just start out with one NL10 table and 3 NL5 tables to begin with, and as my roll (hopefully) grows I will switch the NL5 tables out so that I will be playing only NL10 when I reach 250$.. Thats the plan for now. Wish me luck - I will need it :P
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Mugge88!

Sounds good! Keep going! I wish you all the best for NL10 (and above)! :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Just had todays last session, and unfortunately i didn't get many big hands, so after the first hour or so I had lost a little (only like a buyin or something, nothing to worry about considering I'm playing 4 tables).. Then at one of the tables it gets interesting.. The player directly to my left has been playing fairly tight, with a good aggression factor and generally above the average level of the NL5 player. The rest of the table were pretty loose except for two rocks - no need to go anymore into this, on to the hand (got a prob with party so unfortunately I don't have the HH of the particular hand, but you will get it as well as I remember it):

I pick up a pair of 4's in the hole, and limp in from early pos for set value, the person to my left (lets call him X) calls along with 4 or 5 others.. I don't hit my set on the flop and I will give up my hand to more or less any raise (flop was A7J rainbow or something like that) - It goes check-check all the way around the table and i get a free turn card: NICE! I spiked a 4 and bet around 3/4 - 4/5 pot to try and build it up a little.. Now the player to my left comes over the top, trippling my bet and everybody else folds.. I looked at the board another time and came to the conclusion that I got him beat and reraises him AI (I had a little less than full stack at the start of the hand, he had 2½ times full BI. The 4 gave two to a flush on the board and I wouldn't let him outdraw me, hence the raise) After some time he decides to call and I'm happy to see the nice pot move my way (turned out he had A7 with the flush draw - NEVER slowplay in that spot :D ).

Anyway, this hand was just the pre-history.. Now comes the exciting news: He goes on a monster tilt.. every hand I limp/bet he (re)raises me and unfortunately I don't pick up any large hands so I didn't come any further that the flop with any hands.. This goes on for about 3-4 orbits, where he is AI several times, and doesn't seem to be able to bet anything but massive overbets at least - he is involved in 1/3 - 1/2 of the pots, but non of the other at the tables dare take up the fight, and I didn't get any cards (had a flushdraw once but was forced to give it up to his AI (5x pot) on the turn).. Then this hand comes (believe me - It is NOT my standard play, and I wouldn't use it against anyone I'm not completely sure about (note the limp from ep - I knew he would raise it if I were in the hand - Besides I was quite sure he didn't have anything which could beat me - he had done this kind of play numerous of times). To sum up, this hand is not for analysing, I can easily defend my play in this hand, and it's NOT a standard situation:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,40
      UTG+2:
      $7,19

0/0 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T:diamond: , T:club:
      Hero calls $0,04, UTG+2 raises to $0,32, 7 folds, Hero calls $0,28.

Flop: ($0,64) 3:club: , 6:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0,76, Hero calls $0,76.

Turn: ($2,16) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1,56, Hero raises to $9,32 (All-In), Hero raises to $9,32 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $4,55, UTG+2 raises to $6,11 (All-In).

River: ($17,59) 7:club:

Final Pot: $17,59

Results follow
      Hero shows [ Td, Tc ] a pair of Tens
      UTG+2 shows [ 8s, Jd ] high card Jack

Now you might wonder what's special about this hand, and here come the golden words: It's my biggest pot in NL so far... and it went the right way :D

Other news: Started making a statistic for my play (just noting how my roll is at the end of each day). Started yesterday and will of course continue as I believe it is a great way to keep myself motivated. Will post the stats here later if anyone is interested (...and read this far ;) )

Best regards,
      Mugge
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Mugge88!

Nice one! :D I love to play against people on tilt. Concerning your hand: Weren't you considering a limp/raise preflop? Against players like this I would go broke even preflop with that hand.
      Keep us informed! :)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      I did consider it while playing the hand, but as the chicken I are i wanted to see the flop before investing too much money.. Perhabs a reraise AI preflop would have done the same job, but nevermind - I ended up stacking him off anyway and it's not really a situation I will experience again anytime soon...
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      A few more good pots and hands to add to the collection - It's incredible which hands the opponent puts their money in with once in a while :) (won these hands)

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, 5 folds, BU raises to $0,60, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1,80, BU raises to $5,18 (All-In), Hero calls $3,38.

Flop: ($10,46) 5:heart: , 4:diamond: , Q:spade:
      Turn: ($10,46) 9:spade:
      River: ($10,46) 7:club:

Final Pot: $10,46

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $5,29
      Hero:
      $5,88
      UTG+1:
      $4,94

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6:club: , 6:heart:
      UTG raises to $0,16, UTG+1 calls $0,16, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls $0,16, 6 folds.

Flop: ($0,54) 5:heart: , 6:spade: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG bets $0,48, UTG+1 calls $0,48, Hero raises to $1,60, UTG raises to $2,72, UTG+1 raises to $4,78 (All-In), Hero raises to $5,72 (All-In), UTG raises to $5,13 (All-In).

Turn: ($16,17) 9:club:
      River: ($16,17) 2:diamond:

Final Pot: $16,17

Hand 2 is also posted for analysis here.
      Try to guess the hands of the two villains :)

I will soon start taking the first shots at NL10 (I if keep going this way at least) - Been winning around 8$ on average a day since I started making statistics - could have been 9,5$ if I had stopped earlier yesterday when I got tired.. And I have only played around 200-300 hands a day on average - I'm on a roll baby :D

Good luck to all
      Mugge
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Been a while since I updated this: Had a small downswing from the 24th till the 27th, but started to turn again now (had a BR of 140,58 before the swing, then down to 121,56 and now up to 139,79 again). Hopefully I will get a little more luck over the next few days so moving up could finally become a reality :)

In the mean time, I will keep looking for places to improve my game, and I think my focus over the next few days will be unraised pots - I will post some hands in the sample forum when I get to play some, if I remember to save them :)

Best regards,
      Mugge

Btw, Should get silver status again along with the next update - finally being able to read some specific BSS-articles will surely help me out alot :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Nice Mugge88!

A downswing happens to all of us but I think you are already back on the right track. Let us know what you find out about your game in unraised pots. Keep going!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Auch, never been so surpriced at showdown as this before. Was certain I had him beat (he had been bullying me for some time, raising all my cont bets and then going AI on the turn if I called - didn't have a good enough hand to do anything about it until this one came up:

Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $4,32
      SB:
      $6,78
      Hero:
      $4,84
      UTG+2:
      $5,22
      BB:
      $5,32

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5:club: , 5:diamond:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,04, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,04, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,04, BU folds, SB calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) 5:heart: , K:spade: , 8:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 bets $0,14, Hero calls $0,14, CO folds, SB calls $0,14, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,62) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0,40, SB raises to $0,80, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls $0,40.

River: ($2,22) A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,20, SB raises to $3,36, Hero raises to $3,86 (All-In), SB calls $0,50.

Final Pot: $9,94

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows [ 8s, 8h ] four of a kind, Eights
      Hero shows [ 5c, 5d ] a full house, Fives full of Eights
      SB wins $9.45 USD with four of a kind, Eights.

Should probably have raised the flop, but thought: It's so dry, what's to fear?

Just wanted to share this one with you :) First time ever I put all my money to the middle without any hestitation at all :P
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Ouch! Nothing you could do. But that's part of the game. Sometimes you have to run into better hands. But nice to hear that you had no fear to put all your money in :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      hehe, well I generally don't have "fear" of putting the money in, but I usually take a few seconds to consider which hands the opponent could have before I throw it all in :P
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Today i reached the mark I had been waiting for even though I didn't play any cashgame at all.. Finished in the money in 2 out of 3 of the grindroll tours.. In the grindroll 2k tour I was shortstacked alot of the time, and didn't get much chances to steal some blinds, since I was moved to a very aggressive table a little before the bubble.. So I only managed to stay in the tour until ~350 left, which gave 1,5$ - yay :rolleyes:

In the grindroll 3,5k tour it went a little better.. Was down to almost nothing a few times, but won the coinflips at the right times and even made a suckout or two :) when we were around 90 left I had 44k and blinds was 3k/6k with an ante of 100.. I sat in MP3 when I collected AQo, and of course I pushed it since I was first in.. Unfortunately both the SB and the BB had a hand they thought was worth calling with (33 and AKo) and lost to the AK who had a few more chips than me.. so out as number 86.. just when it was about to get interesting :) But earned me 14$

In the grindroll 5k tour I never really got any cards, and never came above 5k chips.. Can't remember which hand I busted out on, but I believe it was AJ or AQ or something like that.. Finished around ~750.. Better luck next week :)

The mark I started out talking about was the bankroll mark I had been waiting for: 150$ (actually at 160$ :P ) - Enough for me to take a shot at the NL10 tables.. At these lower limits I'm gonna use a quite aggresive BRM, so moving up when I got 15BI's and moving down again if I get below 10BI's (20 BI's on the limit below).. I will move up when I get to read the silver articles (Damn party, update those points!)
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mugge88
      Today i reached the mark I had been waiting for even though I didn't play any cashgame at all.. Finished in the money in 2 out of 3 of the grindroll tours.. In the grindroll 2k tour I was shortstacked alot of the time, and didn't get much chances to steal some blinds, since I was moved to a very aggressive table a little before the bubble.. So I only managed to stay in the tour until ~350 left, which gave 1,5$ - yay :rolleyes:
      Nice! I took a peek at how you were doing when you were lowstack (850 I think?) and BB with AA :) That was a nice hand... Came just in the right time for you..

Gratz anyhow!
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Indeed :) was down to around 850 after paying the blind as you said, and more than tripled up after that hand as far as i remember :)

EDIT: SILVER STATUS! Yes SIR!

Gonna read the strategy section for BSS through one time tonight and then probably again tomorrow and then I'll start grinding :D

Wish me luck
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Missed the 25 pp's on wednesday this week, so ain't gonna play the grindrolls on sunday.. gives me some freedom though, since I don't "have" to play as much as I was forced to last week - good thing :)

I'm still strugling a little with the move up (don't know why, really - guess it's just a matter of learning how to handle the new players), but I do have a small + on NL10 after the first 1k hands.. Not much difference from NL5 though, apart from all the short stacks at NL10 (tableselection is the way to go!). A few hands which are the reason I'm in +:

Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $9,42
      Hero:
      $9,70

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG+2 calls $0,10, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, BB calls $0,40, UTG+2 folds.

Flop: ($1,10) T:spade: , 9:spade: , T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, BB calls $0,80.

Turn: ($2,70) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5,00, Hero raises to $8,12, BB raises to $8,12 (All-In).

River: ($18,94) 3:spade:

Final Pot: $18,94

BB shows [ 7h, 7c ] a full house, Tens full of Sevens
      Hero shows [ Ks, Kd ] a full house, Tens full of Kings
      Hero wins $18 USD with a full house, Tens full of Kings.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , Q:diamond: . MP1 posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG+2 calls $0,10, MP1 checks, 2 folds, CO raises to $14,60, Hero raises to $10,35 (All-In), 4 folds.

Flop: ($25,30) 6:spade: , Q:heart: , 9:heart:
      Turn: ($25,30) 7:spade:
      River: ($25,30) 7:heart:

Final Pot: $25,30

CO shows [ Kd, Th ] a pair of Sevens
      Hero shows [ Qc, Qd ] a full house, Queens full of Sevens
      CO wins $4.25 USD with a pair of Sevens.
      Hero wins $20.05 USD with a full house, Queens full of Sevens.

Regarding the last hand he had moved AI (or at least raised more than any other player had) around 5-6 times within the last 1½ orbits.. So was quite an easy call for me.. These are just a few hands that shows how willingly some people are to give away their stack to you.. A few more hands where it didn't go that well (the last hand was pure luck from his side, but it's a comfort to know that I was (way) ahead when the money went to the middle):

Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $14,15
      MP3:
      $25,13
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:spade: , 3:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,35) 3:club: , 5:club: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP1 calls $0,25, MP3 raises to $0,50, Hero raises to $2,75, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $6,00, Hero raises to $9,90 (All-In), MP3 calls $3,90.

Turn: ($20,40) 7:spade:
      River: ($20,40) 8:heart:

Final Pot: $20,40

MP3 shows [ 5s, 5d ] three of a kind, Fives
      Hero shows [ 3s, 3d ] three of a kind, Threes
      MP3 wins $19.40 USD with three of a kind, Fives.

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,20
      BU:
      $2,79

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:spade: , A:spade:
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, BU calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) 3:diamond: , T:spade: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, BU calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,35) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,69, BU raises to $1,69 (All-In).

River: ($5,73) Q:diamond:

Final Pot: $5,73

Hero shows [ Qs, As ] two pairs, Aces and Queens
      BU shows [ Kc, Jd ] a straight Ten to Ace
      BU wins $5.45 USD with a straight, Ten to Ace.

And that should be enough for now :) Will perhabs play a session more later tonight, or at least tomorrow night if I don't end up at a party.. games seem to be very juicy at the weekend nights :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Mugge88!

That's right! The games on the weekend are more profitable than during the week. I hope you will have fun tonight! :D
      Concerning your hands: well played!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      the mods really like you :f_eek: