[NL2-NL10] Nl5 KQo

• Optroot
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 3:spade: , 2:club: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, MP3 raises to $0.46, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.07

This kind of thing is happening to me a lot on low and paired boards, any general advice to play back? How can i spot opponents i can do this to?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Well c-bet less hands with marginal equity, start 3bet bluffing, or widen your c-bet/calling range (it's a bitch oop against really aggro opponents, you'll need to commit to calling several streets), probably in that order against increasing c-bet raising frequencies. Most players at nl5 probably don't bluff there nearly often enough to warrant you doing any of that tho, it'd really take me noticing that the same tag is busting my ass over and over again to convince me it's not just cards.

To do the same you're looking for taggish opponents with wide ranges, the wider the ranges the less the % of hands that can continue to a raise. A 15/14 with 50% c-bet is a really bad target. A 23/21 with a 90% c-bet is a really good target. Something in the middle like a 19/17 with 75% c-bet should still be decently profitable provided you pick the correct flops.

Hope it helps.