Solved! Account blocked for no reason at Full Tilt Poker

• sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I would like to share my story with some of you:
      I registered with pokerstrategy a few months ago and I opted up for Full Tilt Poker. I played for a while, I lost my bankroll but still had enough FTP points to have fun with some tournaments.

Yesterday when I was trying to connect to FTP, my account was blocked.
      I contacted FTP support, they send me an email (see below) explaining I have cheated but this is totally untrue. I have only one account, and never did any collusion or fund transfer with anybody else.

Since then, I replied to them but there is no answer from them.

SO, if there is one piece advice that I can give to FTP players: pay attention, withdraw your money or a part of it when you still can because when FTP wants to close your account they do it and you never hear from them again.
      If those who have not decided which room to choose, don't go to FTP, any other is better.

Regards,

Stephane - FTP account sun73111

This is the only emailI received from FTP:

"Hello Stephane ,

We are contacting you regarding your Full Tilt Poker account.

After a thorough investigation, we have determined that you are closely associated with players who are guilty of fraudulent activity on Full Tilt Poker.

We have determined you are associated with the player due to one or more of the following parameters:

*Accounts have logged in from the same computer/IP address.
      *Transfer of funds between both accounts.
      *Similar information on accounts.
      *Shared payment processors.

For security and privacy reasons, we are unable to release the names of the associated fraudulent players.

Full Tilt Poker has zero tolerance for fraudulent activity. To protect our players and maintain the security of our site, we have permanently closed your account.

Regards,

Jonathan
      Cashier
      Full Tilt Poker SO, if there is one piece advice that I can give to FTP players: pay attention, withdraw your money or a part of it when you still can because when FTP wants to close your account they do it and you never hear from them again. If those who have not decided which room to choose, don't go to FTP, any other is better.
  • 25 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Are you sure you are telling the whole story? Usually when someone makes post like that some facts are not told.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      When someone makes post like this they are always hiding their guilt.
      Fixed your post. :f_p:

I just had to deal with Full Tilt support and they helped me fix a problem that was entirely my fault. They do listen although it might take one or two intelligently worded emails to get he job resolved.

Which one of your roommates is a thief that you aren't telling us about? These stories always involve roommates or family members ...
    • sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm totally telling the full story.
      The only possibility I found out is that somebody else from the hotel I'm living in play on FTP.
      I'm working abroad during weekdays, so I live in a hotel... somebody plays there and we have a similar IP.
      I explained that to FTP support but there is still no answer.

I would not post this on this site if I cheated but I really did not do such stuff...

Can anybody from FTP support listen to my case???
    • sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      I have no roommate. My wife did not create anything on FTP... what was your problem tokyoaces ?
    • sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      OK, this is what I've just sent to them... Do you think it's intelligent enough or explains something?

Hi FTP support,

My FTP login: sun73111
      I've sent several emails to you but no answer yet. So please let me explain my situation again:
      You've sent to me an email saying my account was blocked by one or several of the following reasons:
      *Transfer of funds between both accounts.
      *Similar information on accounts.
      *Shared payment processors.

Let me tell you what could be possible:

Accounts have logged in from the same computer/IP address.
      Same computer: impossible, I have only logged with sun73111 in my computers
      Samle IP address: I'm staying in a hotel from monday to thursday, so may be another guy from my hotel connects to FTP. My hotel is the Park Inn in UK London. I can prove with my hotel bills if you want or you can even call them.
      From my home, I'm the only one playing poker, my wife does not have any poker account.

Transfer of funds between both accounts.
      I never did any transfer. All the transfers I received is from PokerStrategy

Similar information on accounts.
      May be another guy is called my name... I can't explain that, but I'm the only one living at my address

Shared payment processors.
      I don't know what it means, but as I said, I never transfered any money and I received from PokerStrategy 50 USD and 2 times 1.5 USD.

So basically, I did not cheat, and this is my last call... So I just beg you to check again why you've blocked my account and find out that I'm not guilty.

Regards,

Stephane
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sun73111
      what was your problem tokyoaces ?
      I've played online poker since 2005ish and been a member of poker forums for that long. There are lots of people who have this same story and 99% of the cases there are some extra facts that come out later.

Did you notice you failed to tell us that you are often playing in a hotel who probably has one IP address shared among hundreds of people a month?

You can eventually get this sorted out. FTP uses a massive database of computer hardware fingerprints to help detect fraud. You can read more about the technology you use.

Just stay polite and keep pointing out as many facts about your case as possible. Also be very patient as their investigation will take awhile. They have millions of players and multi-millions of dollars to protect. So unfortunately it's much safer for them to stop what they believe is illegal activity and sort out the mess later.
    • sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      Your point is right. Though, i'm clearly disgusted because I did not cheat at all and FTP should be able to manage situations like connection from a public WIFI.

I will tell you guys what's the outcome of this.

Sayonara my friend!
    • sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      Actually, I'm wondering if it happened to people who are REALLY not guilty of anything?
      Does anybody have an example of blocked account because of FTP's fault?

Actually, I have only 27 USD on my account, but I hate being treated unfairly... and who knows what we can do with 27USD!
    • sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      Still no answer... I believe the least FTP can do is to give a polite answer...
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      you should really give this at least a day or a week for a response since even normal customer support can take 2 days sometimes..
    • Teyiebuns
      Teyiebuns
      Bronze
      I hope you get an outcome, if it means anything I at least am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you!

Not that you should have to prove yourself of course, they should prove why you are banned. I hate the behaviour where companies ban people without explanation and never feel it necessary to show proof - as this can lead to innocent people being banned and I have seen this happen before, and later be revoked. It's annoying and certainly worries me being a FTP player, as I have had problems with them already! [They banned me randomly first week and said they wanted proof of ID - well after my account was made, in the middle of a game - non-existent customer support for 8 days and no explanation].

My only advice - be patient waiting for a reply, and keep e-mailing their main e-mail address, the one you get an acknowledgement from, so they will have to reply!

Good luck!
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      I was once blocked for a month due to inconspicous activity, then they reinstated my account, apologized, but refused to give me any details on the inconspicous activity I might have participated in. I had previously read lots of other stories similar to this. Not wanting my funds blocked again, I quickly withdrew my funds and moved site, with the intention of never returning... then they introduced Rush Poker... I'm now back at FullTilt.
    • sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      Thank you for your advices guys, I just wait patiently...
      So far not a single reply lol.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I don't see anything wrong with this. Why should this be a problem?
    • sun73111
      sun73111
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      They ve sent an email to me and restored my account. The truth prevailed!
      The only way to ave it unblocked is to insist and insist and wait and insist.

Thank everybody for your help,

Stephane

Email received:
      Hello Stephane,

After a further review your account has been full reinstated.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Sheriff
      Cashier
      Full Tilt Poker
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      woohoooooooooooooooooo :s_cool:
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Congrats!
    • KobeLG
      KobeLG
      Bronze
      what they didn't at least give u some pocket change, for your patience? :P
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      demand the iron days for the time you've been blocked obv