ID Verfication fail!

• 0Maxe0
      0Maxe0
      Basic
      So I passed the test but unfortunately I now face a new, previously undisclosed, problem of having to verify my ID.

Well I suppose I have an old passport but do I 'really' want to spend 20$ of my own money to travel to the nearest city and have it scanned for Pokerstrategy to trust me so I can get 50$ of their money to play for...hmm NO! ..when I'm there I might as well just deposit some of my own money and flip a big fat finger towards this.

The percentage of private people owning a scanner is insanely low!

If you really want to check my ID you could just match my info with some of the 5+ pokersites where I have deposited over the last 7 years, several of them which are on your "affiliate list", for instance Ladbrokes.

Too bad Pokerstrategy, you could have earned a fair bit of rake from me I'm sure. I was hoping to spend your 50$ on checking out a pokersite I hadn't previously tried, for mutual benefit.
  • 13 replies
    • Krugzz
      Krugzz
      Bronze
      sry, wat?
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      A friend of mine who I refered did photo capture of her passport and it was just fine - PS accepted it, no scanner needed
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      So you make fat rakez but nobody near you got a single mobilphone with 1+megapixel?
    • 0Maxe0
      0Maxe0
      Basic
      To be honest internet is all the fancy technology I need. I might be able to borrow a digital cam...but then again, I just face the next problem..

"If the address on the document is different from the address you registered at PokerStrategy.com, then please attach a proof of residence document"

I must have moved at least 3 times since my passport was issued, I don't have any bills or similar..soo, unless a picture of me in front of my house holding a sign saying 'I R not chinese freeroller' works then... *sigh*
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Lol why are u writting different addresses than u have on your documents.

If your document are not up to date i think it woulb be really great option to pay 20$ and got new updated one.

All friend i refered and they sign up didnt have any problems with PS. PS just want to have the prove that you dont have multiple account and i think that is it.

So i really dont think that blaming PS here is correct.
    • 0Maxe0
      0Maxe0
      Basic
      Oh I'm not blaiming Pokerstrategy, they can make whichever demands they see fit, after all it's their money - just saying that there are limits to what amount of hassle I'll go through for a mere 50$.

Guess I'm just annoyed that I wasted my time on the most ridiculous quiz EVER just to be faced with a new immovable object =)
    • Roachor
      Roachor
      Bronze
      all people i know, all my family and friends all have a scanner.. its almost a new standard at printers now.. dun see why nobody in your area has a scanner ?? Do you live in the ghetto ? sitting on your old P1 laptop ?? or what ??
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello 0Maxe0 and welcome to the Pokerstrategy!

I can inform you that the ID checks are completely normal and are there solely for the fraud prevention purposes. I am not completely sure what the law is like where you live at, but in most countries you need to posess a valid personal ID, otherwise you may even get a penalty from the police. I am not sure how important it is that the data on the passport matches the data you have entered here, but it would have certainly been easier to avoid any trouble if it did. Regardless of that, you might still be able to pass the check if at least the date of birth and the name you entered match the ones on the passport, but I unfortunately cannot guarantee you that. Regarding the scanner problem, the ID does not neccessarily have to be scanned - you can also photograph it with a digital camera or a cell phone, which should not be too hard to achieve. While the free $50 might not seem a lot to you, it still is free money and some people appreciate it a lot as you usually have to work 5-10 hours to earn that. Regarding the quiz, it is a rather simple quiz that will also help you improve your poker knowledge and not waste the $50 in a day but rather build a nice bankroll from it - especially bankroll management is very important!

I hope that you will successfully pass the ID check and I advise you that you explain to the security services why exactly some of your details do not match each other. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask them!

Regards,

Primzi
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Is an ID check required for a deposit bonus, or just for the free $50?

I really don't like having to hand that info out. I've made purchases through Paypal, Instadebit and I even got a credit card last year without ever having to show an ID to anyone. I am really shocked to read that people need to give ID's.

I understand you don't want to give people $50 free multiple times, but I really couldn't care less about the $50.

Nav
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Navrark
      Is an ID check required for a deposit bonus, or just for the free $50?

I really don't like having to hand that info out. I've made purchases through Paypal, Instadebit and I even got a credit card last year without ever having to show an ID to anyone. I am really shocked to read that people need to give ID's.

I understand you don't want to give people $50 free multiple times, but I really couldn't care less about the $50.

Nav
      Hi Navrark,

You can of course use the first deposit bonsuses instead if you prefer.

Please note however that all poker platforms will at some stage ask for ID proof too. This is for your own (identify) protection and the protection of your money.

Some sites will ask for ID proof when you sign up with them, all will certainly request it before your first withdrawal.

Wishing you well, whichever route you decide.

Bart
    • Econom1sta
      Econom1sta
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions...

1. I am waiting for my start capital. I got mail from security wanting me to send them photos for ID check. I 've send them photos of Personal ID and passport, where they can see all my personal information. But now they need to verify my address, and I they want me to send them bill photos. Problem is, I am a student, I don't have any bills on my name so I don't get any (they are all on my fathers name). Is there any other way to prove my residence? I offered them driver licence too, I am waiting for response...

2. I have chosen Full tilt for my poker room. Now I am getting second thoughts because all the problems people are complaining about. I am from Serbia, so I am afraid (after reading all the bad expirience that people had) they will come up with something later, some kind of "problem" when I want to withdraw. So is there a possibility to change poker room now?
    • Octhellior
      Octhellior
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Econom1sta
      Now I am getting second thoughts because all the problems people are complaining about[/B]
      People are always going to complain. Don't worry, Full Tilt is awesome.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Econom1sta,

You've done the right thing in contacting support, they are best placed to advise what documentation is acceptable/not acceptable. They will respond shortly, please be patient.

Of course if you wish to change platforms and your starting capital hasn't already been allocated, it may be possible, however I agree with Octhellior. The forum posts you refer to are isolated incidents, we have many thousands of members happily using Full Tilt on a daily basis without problems (myself included).

I too think that Full Tilt is an awesome platform both in respect of the software and also player returns (bonuses, rakeback, promotions, tournaments etc).

We wish you well with whichever platform you decide to go with.

Best regards,

Bart