Whats your Rush Poker Strategy??

• Nastypasty
      Nastypasty
      Bronze
      Hi All

I have started to play rush poker and I love it. I have recently been 9tabling $1 SnG on party poker with minimal sucess and I find this has much more potential, with only one table.

I understand the advantages and disadvantages of this game which are discussed the lengthy post in the forum, but maybe its good to discuss some of the difficult spots people have found themselves in, and how to deal with them. Can we create a generic strategy for beginners who wish to start with a 30-50 BI BR (120 - 200)

My raising range is JJ+, AQ+. My limping range can include 22+, AJ+, ATs+ and maybe suited broadways in late position. This is completely different to my regular cash game play, because I feel I need to be tighter, almost like playing the SSS, but with more chips.

How do you play??
  • 2 replies
    • Janchiks97
      Janchiks97
      Bronze
      Yea, it would be nice if you share your strategies. Im currently thinking to deposit there somthing because of rush poker and rakeback. So how tight or loose are theese tables?
    • Nastypasty
      Nastypasty
      Bronze
      The players I have tangled with generally have pretty decent holdings.

For example, I am generally the preflop aggressor or at least take the initiative by three betting preflop. These bets get rid of the more passive players players so I tend only to get involved with players who have something decent.

I play solid almost nitty ABC poker, with AQ+ and JJ+. If I find resistance from the turn onwards its generally because they have a piece of the flop, and will want to continue in the hand, draws or made hands.

If you put yourself in their position, they are waiting around for premium hands to play, so if they are raising preflop its generally a 15% hand (most broadways and maybe 66+), if they call a 3bet, its a 5-10% hand. So I find its easy to polarise their range and work out where I stand.

TAG is the only style I can use on this game so far, I am not confident playing a looser style, so I have only encounter similar solid players at showdown.