[NL2-NL10] NL4 - A(few/lot) hands

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Sorry if this is a bit long, but this was a (other) incredibly bad ~30min session, and I don't think I played all of these very well...

-1-
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $5.11
      BU:
      $1.75
      Hero:
      $4.96

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , 5:heart:
      UTG+1 calls $0.04, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, BU raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero calls $0.08, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.42) 9:heart: , K:heart: , T:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 folds, BU raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.24.

Turn: ($1.30) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.19 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.49

Not sure about my check-raise on the flop here... (though it's a clear fold on the turn)

-2-
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $2.79
      Hero:
      $5.13

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , A:heart:
      UTG+2 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $0.60, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.84) 3:diamond: , T:club: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

Turn: ($1.84) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: $2.28

I wanted to check-raise the flop... turn bet was too small, right?

-3-
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $2.14
      Hero:
      $2.98

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.04.
      UTG+2 raises to $0.16, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.16, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG+2 calls $0.44, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1.42) J:heart: , 7:spade: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.53, UTG+2 raises to $1.54 (All-In), Hero calls $0.01.

Turn: ($4.50) 9:diamond:
      River: ($4.50) J:diamond:

Final Pot: $4.50

My opponent has just over 1 psb left so I decided to just push on this innocent, harmless and nice looking flop (the river wasn't so pretty though...I wish they didn't hide all-in hands ;) )

-4-
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.39
      UTG:
      $2.31

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 5:diamond: , A:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.08, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 7 folds.

Flop: ($0.22) Q:heart: , 8:diamond: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.30) 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

River: ($0.54) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.72, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $1.46

Here I know it should be laid down PF, but being tired/on tilt I didn't really pay attention to my position :D
      On the river, either the Q gives him trips and thus a bigger payday for me, or the opposite if he hit his full house ( or nothing apparently :D ), so should I just call his bet?

-5-
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2.85
      Hero:
      $4.41
      BU:
      $2.63

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , 9:club:
      6 folds, BU calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.12) 9:spade: , 7:heart: , K:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BB folds, BU raises to $0.24, Hero raises to $4.36, BU raises to $2.59 (All-In).

Turn: ($7.07) 5:spade:
      River: ($7.07) 2:spade:

Final Pot: $7.07

PSB on flop because of the straight+flush possibilities...It's unlikely he has a set here, so I just push to his min-raise and I don't want to see a turn spade (to tell the truth, I wasn't crazy about the river either ;) ) Is it correct, or should I call and push if the turn is harmless? A nromal reraise on the flop wouldn't change anything (I think), I'd be pot-commited anyway
  • 2 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi swissmoumout!

Thanks for posting so many hands but please have a look at our new posting guidelines.

Hand 1) fold preflop. A5s out of position is a trouble hand and should not be played in this situation. As you played it: call his small bet on the flop and wait until you hit. Turn is a fold.

Hand 2) Make a standard continuation bet here on the flop....a preflop reraise and check on the flop looks more than suspicious. Turnbet has to be bigger because now there are straight and flush draws ~$1.40.

Hand 3) nice hand!

Hand 4) fold preflop - as you already mentioned. As you played it: flop and turn is played well. River is a raise, too. So except from preflop: nice hand!

Hand 5) nice hand!

If you are on tilt I strongly recommend you to read our psychology articles or at least this article: "Patience and long-term thinking"

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply
      I did read those articles, and I have just taken a break of a few weeks after a nasty downsing, losing a big chunk of my roll.. the thing is, it doesn't seem to be over :D I had a similar session a few days ago,then a break, then this one...I'll have spent more time taking breaks because of badbeats than actually playing ;)

oh and sorry about the amount of hands, i'll remember next time ;)