From weaktight to spewtard to? [NL50SH]

• koaesica
      Hi everyone! Let's just dive right into it.

About me
      I'm 19 years old and from Sweden. Currently studying Computer Science in Stockholm.

I've been playing for little over a year now, with a couple of big breaks in between.

I was first introduced to poker by my brother who had found Pokerstrategy in some way (don't ask me how :D ). Like everyone else I started with SSS, but went over to BSS about a year ago. I took som breaks, but recently I've started playing alot more, and taking it a lot more seriously.

For a couple of months ago I moved up to NL50 and downswinged (due to bad play/bad beats) and had to move down. After that I rebuilt my roll and confidence, and moved up to NL50 again. Which leads me to the next topic:

Current situation
      I'm currently grinding NL50SH with varied results. It's always up and down. I've become a much better player since earlier (haven't we all) and I strive to learn even more. So I'm trying to watch a movie or two every day, post hands, talk about poker with friends and stuff like this, which really helps improving my game. And later I will hopefully find the good results, which are currently missing. Where are they?!

Plan for later streets (the future)
      Earlier I used to be veeeery weaktight, folding all the time and basically hoping to cooler people. And as you know, this isn't a very good way to make money. Now I've become much more aggressive, and even too aggressive sometimes. This is one of the reasons for my varied results. I stop thinking and just start spewing. Not like monkey tilt spewing, but more like I'm a bit tired and unfocused, so I'll just ship it in every now and then in bad spots. Like autopiloting with a really crappy autopilot game.

What I'm trying to say is that if I manage to quit in time, play when I'm focused and not tired, and think through my decisions more than I do now, I think everything will go so much better. I'm sure it would for every player!

Purpose of blog
      Hopefully some of you will find something I write interesting (I'll talk more in-depth about stuff later), or find some hand interesting. I'm also hoping to become a bit more disciplined with my poker studying, thinking and playing. And well, simply putting words on things helps you think. :)

Proof of all the spew
      This is only the last 9 days of playing or so, but still reveals a bit I think. Obviously not a big enough sample size to say that much, but alot of the losses in the end are definitely due to meaningless spew (notice the non-showdown too, what is it doing??).

Ok, that's it for tonight. I have to go to bed, I'm really tired. Hopefully my writing is not too confused and weird :) . Tomorrow I'll return with more stuff. Maybe some goals or hands or something like that.
  • 2 replies
    • koaesica
      I played a session this morning, which was much more controlled than the last ones. I played much better, and thought about all my decisions.

The results are +90$ over 575 hands. Playing 4 tables all the time.

Funniest hand of the session was probably the following:

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2, 2.
      MP3 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 3 folds, MP3 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.75) T, 4, 4 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.50, MP3 calls $3.50.

Turn: ($12.75) 2 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $8.00, MP3 calls $8.00.

River: ($28.75) 5 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $22.00, MP3 calls $21.80.

Final Pot: $72.55.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, twos full of fours(2 2).
      MP3 shows a pair of fours(A 6).

Hero wins with a full-house, twos full of fours(2 2).

But you can't really blame villain for calling. I mean, he almost had a straight...

A promise

I'm going to post all the hands here from now on when I do really bad plays, which will hopefully stop me a bit from doing all the bad stuff I do. Nobody wants to show how bad they play, including me. And maybe you can have a good laugh sometimes :)
    • Joakim
      Hi koaesica!

I am one of the three Community Managers of the Swedish Community. I would just want you to know that we also have a Swedish Community which you could hang out if you would choose to do so. If you rather want to hang out in the English section, this is totally fine as well :)

Some of our community members already checked out this presentations of yours and they are telling me "we want this guy in our community", so apparently you have made a good impression with your introduction.

We are happy to see that you enjoy the content of our website and will follow your blog to see your progress.

I have a challenge: Can you manage to reach Platinum within one month, starting from 1st of February, ending at 1st of march?

If you manage and report this to me, I will personally give you the opportunity to get one of your recorded poker sessions reviewed and analysed (and published on our website ofc.) by one of our BSS-coaches. *

* This will be done by you sending him a document with hand history.

Joakim Bergman,
      Community Manager,
      The Swedish Community