This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Kk

• Unforeseen99
      Unforeseen99
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $7.04
      Hero:
      $3.96

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.16, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.84, 4 folds, MP1 raises to $3.04, Hero raises to $3.96 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.92.

Flop: ($7.98) K:heart: , 4:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      Turn: ($7.98) 2:diamond:
      River: ($7.98) T:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.98

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (Kc Kd)
      MP1 shows a pair of aces (Ah As)

Hero wins with three of a kind, kings (Kc Kd)

Villain is a good TAG. I knew when he reraised me PF I was certainly up against KK/AA, and since I was holding KK I knew the odds were weighted towards AA. I'm quite sure he would have just called me with QQ as I had a decent amount of fold equity. It is always a correct call to go all in even with this knowledge? Thnx :)
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

Look, KK+ is usually a no brainer preflop. You just go all in with for 100bb or less =)

There are expetions though. If you KNOW your opponents range is KK+ in this spot, you can't really call, becasue your equity agaisnt that range is 22% and you're investing $3.14 into a $7.98. 3.14/7.98 = 39%

22% is far from meeting the requirements for going broke there.

But remember, you GOTTA be sure his range is KK+ here.

Cheers