table image or play style?

• csc0sa
      csc0sa
      Bronze
      been playing for about 5 hours now on NL10/20 been up and down and i lost 90% of my table buy in with AA against KK, but I didn't tilt and I moved to another table and im about even now. My problem is that I can get very good reads on my opponents and I've rarely folded the better hand but I just cant seem to pull of a bluff and i dont know where im going wrong. i try to bluff as little as possible and ill only do it if the risk is worth it, but i keep getting called lol. Im not a new player ive played for years and i've been fairly sucessful. The bluffing wont work on different tables either and im not a loose player.

I was wondering if maybe anyone could suggest anything I could be doing that is giving a tell to the other player in general or am i looking too much into this?

sorry for grammar I'm sooo tired lots of mistakes..
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      If you're shortstacking and you've already put a decent amount of money in the pot bluffing is rarely worthwhile because if any of your opponents have got any sort of draw they will feel the implied odds are worth it because you've got so little left to bet. It's a lot easier to pull off bluffs when fullstacked with a few cheeky 4 betting gigantically :)
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csc0sa
      been playing for about 5 hours now on NL10/20 been up and down and i lost 90% of my table buy in with AA against KK, but I didn't tilt and I moved to another table and im about even now. My problem is that I can get very good reads on my opponents and I've rarely folded the better hand but I just cant seem to pull of a bluff and i dont know where im going wrong. i try to bluff as little as possible and ill only do it if the risk is worth it, but i keep getting called lol. Im not a new player ive played for years and i've been fairly sucessful. The bluffing wont work on different tables either and im not a loose player.

I was wondering if maybe anyone could suggest anything I could be doing that is giving a tell to the other player in general or am i looking too much into this?

sorry for grammar I'm sooo tired lots of mistakes..
      The most important lesson for low stakes poker: Don't bluff the fish, they don't get it, they will call anyway. (Ooooo I hit bottom pair, it MUST be good)

Seriously though, just play ABC value poker and while your bluffs won't work that often you will get paid off nicely for your bigger hands.