[NL2-NL10] QQ OOP facing turn shove

• Fagin
      Hi I played this last night and would like some feedback on the hand.

Cassava Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 499257
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $1.85
      UTG+2: $1.15
      MP1: $13.03 - Stats : 75/20/44 (20 hands)
      MP2: $3.60
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $11.06 - Stats : 24/8/30 (87 hands)
      SB: $9.75
      BB: $19.06
      Hero (UTG): $9.70

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with Q :spade: Q :club:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40, 2 folds, BTN raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.35, MP1 calls $1.35

I get QQ utg and raise, the call is ok but the re-raise from the BU is unwelcome. I decided to flat call and see a flop.

Flop: ($5.40) 3 :club: 9 :club: T :spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

Flop seems ok so I check to the raiser and MP1 donk bets, BU calls and I call with my overpair

Turn: ($8.70) T :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $10.18, BTN folds, Hero ???

I again check and MP1 shoves ??? The BU folds his AK or similar and I am left with a decision.

I think I played the hand badly - perhaps I should have CR the flop or even 4 bet pre flop?

I left myself in a difficult position and with a difficult decision.

Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano

I don't really like calling pre-flop. BTN's range has us crushed. You can't even be sure he's 3betting AK here. I mean, you're raising from UTG, so his 3betting range there should be really really tight, especially with those stats.

You're gonna be playing OOP throughout the whole hand and that's just gonna make things really tough.

Once we decide to call, however, I like leading out this flop. If BTN doesn't have a hand, he won't be cbetting into 2 opponents, so you miss value from the fish.
      I don't wanna commit myself against a BTN's shove, so I'd bet smallsih like $2 - $2.5, trying to play with the fish only. Against him, we want to play for stacks. Against the BTN, we don't want to play, because when stacks go in he'll have KK+ a lot.

So I like small value bet against the fish + we get info about BTN. If BTN calls our bet, I'm checking the turn to see the action. Whenever BTN shows aggression, I'm folding.

But as played, you have an easy fold on the turn. The fish will have a T pretty much always =D

• MaestroOfZerg

Sounds fine.

As played on the flop i'd probably raise it up and go broke, hard to give BU credit for anything when he just calls that small donk.

Hope it helps.