[NL2-NL10] 10$ NL 3d 3h

• JackxxRatt
      JackxxRatt
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

MP2 (2.62)
      BU (9.32)
      UTG+2 (9.80)

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](9 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 3:diamond: , 3:heart:
      [color:grey]UTG+1 folds[/color], Hero calls $0.10, [color:grey]MP1 folds[/color], [color:red]MP2 raises to $0.45[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], BU calls $0.45, [color:grey]2 folds[/color], Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.50) 4:heart: , 6:heart: , 3:spade: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]MP2 bets $0.40[/color], [color:red]BU raises to $0.80[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $2.40[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color].

Final Pot: $5.10

Am I losing set value here or should I be happy to take down the pot as I did?. Normally I'd lead out for about 120-130 post flop but on this occasion I was quite sure MP2 would bet and was hoping my rr would get further action so quite disappointed they both folded.
  • 3 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      yes, you should be happy to collect the pot right there. You don't want to see anyone calling you with flush/straight draws and completing that on turn. (you could make a bigger reraise on flop) It's just bad luck that you don't get called here by big overpair.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      I would have come out betting (~1,5) on flop though, because of the draws there are, if you're unlucky you're opponents check behind and get a free card to complete there draw.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi JackxxRatt!

I would have bet here, too (~$1.20). The reason for it is that you might get raised by overpairs which means that you could reraise them and have more (all?) money in the pot. And that's what you want to achieve. The other advantage is that your opponents don't get the chance to check behind and outdraw you.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81