Question about FTP SSS

• Teyiebuns
      Teyiebuns
      Bronze
      Hey all,

As suggested by Gerv previously, SSS is now screwed on FTP cause of their stupid rules :-P My question is: Can I alter SSS slightly and continue playing on FTP? I want to clear the bonus using SSS but this would take a few weeks.

So far I'm doing okay, about even at the moment but I don't have enough skill to change SSS for the larger stack size. Is there no hope? Should I move to Stars?
  • 5 replies
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      your probably better off moving to stars. its not really sss with 35bb its somewhere in the middle and only with experience u can exploit your stack size. u can only really play for top pair. u cant play with suited connectors or medium/low pocket pairs or draws and your fold equity is reduced. u can push with strong semi bluffs and play a bit loser in position. its still simple but different and its probably a little less profitable than either full bss or sss.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Teyiebuns
      As suggested by Gerv previously, SSS is now screwed on FTP cause of their fucking amazing change of the rules that benefits all poker players and contributes to the long-term health of online poker.
      FYP
    • SoWe
      SoWe
      Global
      I don't know if it still applies, but you CAN play something like SSS with a 40BB stack on rush poker, because the other players have no Idea if you're tight or not.

Also, you can three-bet almost all 3BB raises preflop VERY lightly on rush poker, as they mostly are just trying to steal the blinds (yes, from any position).

But - no guarantee it works for you, too!
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoWe
      I don't know if it still applies, but you CAN play something like SSS with a 40BB stack on rush poker, because the other players have no Idea if you're tight or not.
      Except for all the regs using huds playing 8/6 games waiting for you to 3bet and 4bet their pocket aces ...

... but thanks for the cash! I appreciated it. :)
    • SoWe
      SoWe
      Global
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by SoWe
      Except for all the regs using huds playing 8/6 games waiting for you to 3bet and 4bet their pocket aces ...

... but thanks for the cash! I appreciated it. :)
      yeah, learn to read