Am I just unlucky?

• Tech2k7
      Tech2k7
      Bronze
      I registered on everest poker, got my 50$ reward, but i can't make any profit out of it. I followed SSS tactics, and it worked. I got some money, but at the same time i lost it too. I mean, i had an AA, KK or stuff like that, people went all in just as i did with 7 and 2 and they either got 2 pairs or maybe even straight if not flush. I mean, not that i'm not winning at all, but always when I win for example like a dollar on the next table i lose 2.

Now I even tried with tournaments. I am joining like tournaments, getting to high positions but i always get out like just before the reward. I mean I was just playing freeroll some Bankroll~ which gives you the ticket to another tournament with really high $ rewards and was playing for three hours and eventually got kicked out the same way as said above. One guy was just randomlly pushing and got flush. Well out of 3850~ people i ended on 72th place.

I think I need some help, I'd like to get over my crysis. What else could I try?
  • 3 replies
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Its just variance man. Everyone has their downswings, just got to keep playing and ride it out. Why don't you invest some more time reading up and watching videos to help you improve your game.

Or you could always try golf ;)
    • Roachor
      Roachor
      Bronze
      Hey man, just keep trying and trying.. i have the same problem (i only play SNG'S) that people will call/reraise/push on any position with the strangest cards and most of the time even hit them also..

Just keep trying and building bankroll, on higher limits you have less of these sorts of players and more skillfull play.

I am currently down -6 dollar after 30 sng's :(
    • Tech2k7
      Tech2k7
      Bronze
      Ofc I'm going to try more. I love poker, but i'm just sad cause when i play it for fun ( free chips ) I always win. But here, with real money, i'm really really unlucky :(