Ladbrokes' customer information stolen

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I copyed this from another site I thought others may want to read it.

27.01.2010 06:01
      British gaming giant Ladbrokes admit that part of their customer database has been stolen. The UK newspaper Daily Mail reported over the weekend that an unidentified Australian man had wanted to sell them the details of 10,000 Ladbrokes customers plus access to the database of a total of 4.5 million customers.

According to Daily Mail, "The records include customers' home addresses, details of their gambling history, customer account numbers, dates of birth, phone numbers and email addresses."

Ladbrokes assure their customers that their credit card details, passwords and other critical information have not been jeopardized.

Daily Mail says the offer came from a "mysterious Australian" who claimed to have been working as a consultant for Ladbrokes two years ago. The man said the data was passed to him by a "relatively junior employee" at the company who was trying to find a buyer.

Source: Daily Mail
  • 8 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      thats y u should play at the bigger, better known sites
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you are walking around the UK, you see that Ladbrokes is the bigger site.. :O Just not pokerwise but they are legit
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      now this is bad..used to play there :(
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Silver
      Originally posted by Zemnieks11
      now this is bad..used to play there :(
      Yeah me too.... Off to do my own research.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Silver
      All I can find is what has already been posted by KidPokersKid if anyone gets any updates can they please post them.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I think i read it only applied to there sports bettors rather than poker players, don't quote me on that one though.

But really Ladbrokes a "small" site, don't be so ignorant. I would trust Ladbrokes over Full Tilt or Pokerstars everyday of the week especially when i can walk up to their head office right now and talk to someone, a FTSE100 company established over a hundred years ago. The ability to go through government regulatory bodies if i have any problems. Now compare that to Full Tilt or Pokerstars which are shady in comparison.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by csnmf
      I think i read it only applied to there sports bettors rather than poker players, don't quote me on that one though.

But really Ladbrokes a "small" site, don't be so ignorant. I would trust Ladbrokes over Full Tilt or Pokerstars everyday of the week especially when i can walk up to their head office right now and talk to someone, a FTSE100 company established over a hundred years ago. The ability to go through government regulatory bodies if i have any problems. Now compare that to Full Tilt or Pokerstars which are shady in comparison.
      Yea but sites like FT have people with millions of dollars in their bankrolls, and the fact that they are turning over millions in profit so I am pretty sure that the big sites have more security.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      No matter which site you use, if your bankroll begins to gain significant proportions you should be taking measures to ensure you don't have the whole thing on one site or e-wallet. Outside of that I suggest that all reasonable sized sites will have pretty significantly strong security else they're risking their entire business.

FWIW I'd go out on a limb and guess Ladbrokes have a few multi-million pound turnover punters out there.