full tilt

• wolf139
      wolf139
      Bronze
      ((Just passed the test)) I have a account on full tilt so I can not open a new one there Problem I have a MAC what site can I down load poker stars does not look to good thanks
  • 10 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Wolf139, congrats on passing the quiz & welcome to PokerStrategy :)

I'm not really that good when it comes to the technical bits of pc's/mac's to be honest. Other members would probably be able to help you better and will hopefully respond to your question shortly.

Just double check on the platform review pages, as I know that in some cases the platforms have a different version for mac users, as you probably already found with Full Tilt. It's important to download & install the correct one.

PokerStrategy cannot retrack existing accounts, so yes unfortunately you cannot use your Full Tilt account to receive the starting capital or to earn PokerStrategy points. There are still plenty of great platforms to choose from however.

Any regular members use mac and can help wolf with which platform to choose?

Enjoy your poker wolf, best regards,

Bart
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      As far as I know your only other option is PokerStars, and trust me it is a good site, you'll be among the privilidged who can be tracked at that site through here and you'll be thankful for it once you start playing.
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      Hi wolf139
      I also use MAC and these are the Poker Rooms you can use on MAC:
      Full Tilt Poker
      Pokerstars
      888.com Pacific Poker
      Party Poker
      BWIN....
      there are some others but I don't know if they are PS supported so I wouldn't recommend you those...
      But next to that you can always download and install Parallel and run all the poker rooms on it :-)
      I'm using Dual Monitor/Spaces + Parallel Desktop at the moment and it runs really sweet... if you have a extra monitor (I use my 32" LCD scrren) you can run parallel on it and i have nothing but high recommendations for it... nothing better than poker tables on 32" screen :-)
      cheers
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, I knew you'd help, much appreciated ;)

Bart
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      Wolf...
      If you want I'll post up a photo of how does it look like :-) you cant notice a difference, as parallel runs as any other OS X app... and you can move your mouse from OS X to Win and back with not problems
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      i'd love to see that photo...

thanks!
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      how can i post photos on the forum??? can you give me a site where i can upload them and give the link here?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by s1m0nmp
      how can i post photos on the forum??? can you give me a site where i can upload them and give the link here?
      Hello!

I personally use http://www.imageshack.us , it works pretty good for me :) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      Thanks Primzi
      So this is how it works at the beginning... you have three several options how to run your windows under mac... most interesting are coherence and full screen (if you have an extra screen)
      in coherence all windows applications are run under windows but shown as they are run in mac... you have the run applications in your dock
      2nd way and more interesting way for me is full screen on the external monitor (in my case 32" LCD screen) and this is how the loging in looks like
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      and this is how all the thing looks like... you can see im running elephant and bet365 on my parallel but neither are supported by OS X... and you can see my MAC has safari open supporting croatian handball team at EURO2010...
      HRVATSKA... sorry just a bit cheering energy as we play finals tomorrow