This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bad Streak

• HerbGuy
      HerbGuy
      Bronze
      Is there a whiners thread on here somewhere? Man what a bad streak I'm on...I had such a nice bankroll and now I'm so far back again. I wouldn't mind the losing so much if it weren't to a bunch donkie players.

Anyway, when your on a bad run..how much time do you suggest taking away from the tables...hours, days, ???? I'm thinking I'm in a tilt mode and a day or two away would probably be a good idea. Is playing another site a bad idea or should a person just stay away all together?

Just wondering what other folks have tried in the past and maybe I just needed to vent a bit too :)
  • 1 reply
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi HerbGuy,

Sorry to hear your on a bad streak at the moment.

We do have the downswing board where you can vent out your frustration. Fellow members will be quick to console you and help to keep a positive focus on things.

In terms of breaks, I often take them myself when I feel my game is suffering, either from bad beats or my own attitude/mood.

It depends really on the circumstances, sometimes I just take a break between sessions and take a walk or have lunch etc.
      On other occasions, I might not play any poker for 2 to 3 days and then return re-focused and with a positive attitude.

There is no easy way to it, variance is a right pain in the backside and always keeps returning. Just walk away for a short while if you start to feel anger/frustration etc.

Hoping your fortunes improve soon, best regards,

Bart