[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK flop call right?

• njup
      njup
      Bronze
      Now im not sure if i played that KK right on turn. I belived i had better hand till his potsize bet on turn. Then i was thinking about his PF play and reasoned he must hold pocketpaire and got set on flop but yet i called, as i wasnt fully convinced :D And now i have doubts was it right thing to call him on turn or not.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $7.31
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $6.77
      CO:
      $2.63
      BU(Hero):
      $5.35
      SB:
      $6.08
      BB:
      $5.97
      UTG1:
      $6.12
      UTG2:
      $5.22

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.15, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.67) Q, 8, 7 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG2 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($2.07) 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2.07, Hero calls $2.07.
  • 4 replies
    • kazadmaiss
      kazadmaiss
      Bronze
      raise bigger preflop, about 45-50c
      raise bigger on flop, about 1$
      I cant see how 8 helped him on turn. there are not much 8x type hands, that he could raise UTG with.
      I still put him 99+, AQ, AK
    • njup
      njup
      Bronze
      I didnt raise PF more because i wanted him to call me. I agree its not that smart but i was basicly HU with him and it was my first decent hand in a session on that table. That raise on flop was weak indeed. But how about the turn? bad call?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey

I pretty much agree with everything kazadmaiss said. Just raise it bigger. By making such a small raise, you're actually giving him odds to call your raise and try to crack your KK. He's making a correct play by calling. He's gonna call anyway if you make it $0.50.

I'd make flop $1.5 and just try to get the money in.

As played, you shouldn't call turn, you should either shove or fold. And I'd actually shove it here, because he's just never folding a Q, And there are so many draws he could have donkbet with. Especially if he's an aggrofish, he'll be betting this 8 with all of his hands to try to represent trips.

Sure, sometimes he has an 8, but I think there are many other hands on his range.

Cheers
    • njup
      njup
      Bronze
      thx on the feedback

PS: he was holding pocket 7s :D