Will SSS work?

• akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      I'm planning to make a deposit soon, and making profit with SSS. Do you think its profitable on Party Poker? I would like some answers who have like 10 000+ hands played at PP with SSS.
      And also, any ideas about what time to play?

Pokerstars could be better, but the tables are 9-seated there, right? Thats a kickback as well.

Thanks guys!
      akrammon
  • 20 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      As I remember, there were a loooot of SSS'ers @ PartyPoker, which made it hard to find decent tables.

But haven't played there for months, dunno what the current situation might be though
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Every site got 9 man cash games dont they? also PP NL10 is FULL of sss'ers i tried to play bss there but i gave up there were max 1 other big stack (if i were lucky)

Stars is really good loooooads of tables!
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      theres still alot of ss but the 50 bb min games are getting popular at nl25 anyway
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      It's not too bad, i've got 20k hands of NL4 / NL10 at Party and won $70 or so my PT3 says. Good luck.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      Every site got 9 man cash games dont they?
      Nope.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by akrammon
      Nope.
      hmm ok i never played on a site that got 10 players can u name some?
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Nope.
      Sure. Mansion Poker, Everest Poker, and (as far as I'm concerned) PartyPoker.
    • antonin87
      antonin87
      Bronze
      right..just to add mi bit to the discussion.SSS really works, especially in the moment where you will add to your game isolation and stealing when in position..i started like 2months ago, before played SnG with low ROI..i have about 45k hands with long term profit 4,8BB/100..sure you will get downswings like 20BB and even more..just work on your game, stick to the strategy and it works!!
      btw Party Poker has 9handed FR tables only!!!
      good luck
    • P0K3RN3WBI388
      P0K3RN3WBI388
      Bronze
      ive just started out at partypoker using sss alot of tables are playing short stacks so not sure they have a strategy tho lol most are bad player e.g i had kas raised 4bb and got reraised with a8os and i went all in and someone else called with 42os and won the pot lol anyway i have seen 600 hands and am in profit of 9 dollars using sss so in my opinion it does work gl. :P
    • skatelouis
      skatelouis
      Bronze
      Its real that there is a lot of short stack but there isn't a lot of them who are playing the short stack strategy.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I played SSS for the first time yesterday. It's quite stress free poker!

One problem though is that Full Tilt has changed their minimum buy-in so apparently the strategy won't work there anymore.

I lost one stack to another shortstack who raised in EP with AQ and got lucky to hit a straight. I had AK.

I did get a big win though, and it had nothing to do with the SSS. I was on the Big Blind and checked to see the Flop and Turn. The Turn brought me a fourth card of the suit I needed as I had two diamonds in my pocket. All I had to do was call a min-raise to see the River card and when it came down I put out a 2/3 pot bet. A real donk then decided to go All-In, and the pot odds were like 4 to 1 so with T high I decided to risk it and sure enough the donk had Trips and I took the pot.

I saw an article on the Party Poker School site about the SSS which means they may not frown on it like Full Tilt. I hear PokerStars is debating following Full Tilt's lead.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Nope.
      Sure. Mansion Poker, Everest Poker, and (as far as I'm concerned) PartyPoker.
      888/Pacific also has 10 seat FR cash tables - sometimes there are a lot of short stacks on a table at NL5 but most do not play correct SSS. As you get to NL10, NL20 and NL30 there are fewer and fewer SSS players.
    • Bagireck
      Bagireck
      Bronze
      I play SSS at PP (NL10) ive only have arround 1k hands so far and i made 30dollars profit...u have to click through couple of tables to find one with the most bigstacks...although lot of players play with short stack not that many of them use SSS...i adjust the strategy a bit depending on whats the table like.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by skatelouis
      Its real that there is a lot of short stack but there isn't a lot of them who are playing the short stack strategy.
      That's right. You have to sit down at the table and watch them play. You'll start seeing them limp into pots, or not refill their money total when it drops low. You'll be able to judge quick.

Nav
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Navrark
      Originally posted by skatelouis
      That's right. You have to sit down at the table and watch them play. You'll start seeing them limp into pots, or not refill their money total when it drops low. You'll be able to judge quick.

Nav
      Yee I see that now :) I tried some BSS on the non 50bb min tables and 80% of the sss cant play real strategyu
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Thanks for the help guys! It surely is a lot of useful info.

antonin87, on what platform do you play?
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      I guess the best time to play is after the work-time, starting at 17 EST. I would advise you to play less tables and observe the players(adapt to their play). Just by playing multiple tables and following SHC blindly will get you into more trouble(and suckouts). Guaranteed. Adaption is the key :)
    • antonin87
      antonin87
      Bronze
      party poker man..
    • Nicu00K
      Nicu00K
      Bronze
      I'm a newbie around here but i've studied the partypoker tables so if you really have patience and choose right you might go with SSS,furthermore I'd like to know some more oppinions about others platforms for those who can give some more info's, about freerolls,Bonuses and offers and why not...the avarege players position on the tables, thank you very much and its a pleasure to be part of the pokerstrategy.com I can see clearly some things now:) )