Woried about my non showdown winnings

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi all!!

I hope u are all doing great at the tables!!

On the graph is my NL30SH progress and i am ready now for NL50SH.

But i am really concerned about my nonshowdown winnings graph. I have an impresion that here is something wrong.

Maybe also this graph looks normal i just want to hear a feedbeck. So i want to know if i need to change something dramaticaly in the game and if there are any particular articles about that.

How do your nonshowdown winnings graphs look like.

I am also pasting here my winning graph just for better impresion how winnings are going.

• 8 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I wouldnt worry to much, alot of players have negative Non SD winnings. Heres mine :D I used to Steal to losse and wasnt selective enough with my oponents. Same with C-bets. Check raising middle pair OOP helps amongst other things :]

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Removed by Primzi: Breach of forum rule number 4: No posts that damage the reputation/business of the company

Is there any connection with my posted graphs??:) )

Is the only thing i did wrong that i passed the quiz and got my starting capital without a problem??

Yeaaah here is the main reason for my non showdown winnings graph. I passed the quiz
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      PocketAcesJohn: GOD look at yours and mine....grrrrrrrr

You are just keeping it around 0.

What is wrong here??? LOL:)
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      PocketAcesJohn: GOD look at yours and mine....grrrrrrrr

You are just keeping it around 0.

What is wrong here??? LOL:)
      I carnt really point it to anything indervidual atm, when i get some time in the next few days i'll review my non SD hands and get back to you =)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey Alan!

My unprofessional personal opinion is that you are probably too passive postflop, bluffing and check/raising draws OOP. But then again I have no clue how to play NLHE so this is merely a guess :) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Hello Alan,

This exact subject has been a problem of mine for a long time as well. Yes it is a gin you are a little passive if your playing short handed, as you should beable to keep your non-showdown winnings around you breakeven point. The best way i found to counter this is 4betting lighter pre flop, i know this can be harder at the lower stakes so choose your opponents wisely. stealing and 4bet re-stealing the button the cut off, even blind v blind is the way to counter this problem imo.

Remember 4betting a re-steal puts all the pressure on your opponent as you may only be commiting 25bbs whereas if he wants to play he only has two options, playing oop against you in a 4bet pot or 5bet shoving for 100bb, either way he is at a disposition without a massive hand.

And like others said you can get a little more aggressive post-flop, but that depends on your hand reading skills and your stats analysis.

Anyway i play full ring and have always had a steady negative non-showdown winnings graph, on full ring i find it very hard to counteract this, as players dont 3bet as light as short handed and its much more of a grind. AS you can see though its not all that bad, as long as your making correct calls and lay downs you'll see decent profit!

Full ring 50-200nl
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      so thank you for great answer:)
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I was reading the HEM articles the other day and one it talks a little about this. It seemed to me to be all about how aggressive you are post flop. You should be able to find it if your interested,

it's called

What do the good guys make/lose in specific hand situations?

He also talks about different playing styles.