This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KJs in SB

• mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,38
      CO:
      $4,02

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , J:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0,04, BU folds, Hero calls $0,03, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,10) Q:club: , K:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,02, Hero calls $0,02.

Turn: ($0,14) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,04, CO calls $0,04.

River: ($0,22) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,22, CO raises to $0,44, Hero calls $0,22.

Final Pot: $1,10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Kh Jh)
      CO shows a full-house, queens full of eights (Qd Tc)

CO wins with a full-house, queens full of eights (Qd Tc)

It seems I have a problem with this type of hands KJ,KQ,JQ suited or not I looked on the starting hands chart,but any further advice will be greatly apreciated :f_frown:
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

On flop, I'd c/r when he bets so small. The board is very drawy and we need to extract more value and protect more. He can mb/c a lot here.
      If he had bet a normal size, I like just calling.

What was your idea when betting the turn? I actually like it, once we c/c the flop mb, because he can check back a lot on the turn. I'd make it bigger though, like $0.11

On the river, I wouldn't bet pot, just because there's really not much that can call you that you still beat. As played, I'm bettingsomething like 1/2 on the river and folding to a raise, just because since all the bets were so small, I think his range is still pretty loose and he might call us down pretty lightly.

But if we had c/r flop and bet turn, I'd go for a c/c on the river, because I expect he's folding a Q on the turn at the latest, and if he had an 8, he often raises turn. So, when we check river and he bets, I think he's often just gonna have busted draws or maybe a worse K. Sometimes AK, but he might choose to stack off AK on flop or turn.

As played, I'd actually fold the river, because I expect him to have a Q always. I mean, he's minraising. He only minraises a full house, unless he's completely full of crap and will take this line as a bluff, but I'm yet to see somebody taking this line as a bluff.

Cheers!
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      thanks for the input,i have a problem with folding the river actually,but I hope it can be solved