Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,38
      CO:
      $4,02

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , J:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0,04, BU folds, Hero calls $0,03, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,10) Q:club: , K:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,02, Hero calls $0,02.

Turn: ($0,14) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,04, CO calls $0,04.

River: ($0,22) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,22, CO raises to $0,44, Hero calls $0,22.

Final Pot: $1,10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Kh Jh)
      CO shows a full-house, queens full of eights (Qd Tc)

CO wins with a full-house, queens full of eights (Qd Tc)

It seems I have a problem with this type of hands KJ,KQ,JQ suited or not I looked on the starting hands chart,but any further advice will be greatly apreciated :f_frown:
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

On flop, I'd c/r when he bets so small. The board is very drawy and we need to extract more value and protect more. He can mb/c a lot here.
      If he had bet a normal size, I like just calling.

What was your idea when betting the turn? I actually like it, once we c/c the flop mb, because he can check back a lot on the turn. I'd make it bigger though, like $0.11

On the river, I wouldn't bet pot, just because there's really not much that can call you that you still beat. As played, I'm bettingsomething like 1/2 on the river and folding to a raise, just because since all the bets were so small, I think his range is still pretty loose and he might call us down pretty lightly.

But if we had c/r flop and bet turn, I'd go for a c/c on the river, because I expect he's folding a Q on the turn at the latest, and if he had an 8, he often raises turn. So, when we check river and he bets, I think he's often just gonna have busted draws or maybe a worse K. Sometimes AK, but he might choose to stack off AK on flop or turn.

As played, I'd actually fold the river, because I expect him to have a Q always. I mean, he's minraising. He only minraises a full house, unless he's completely full of crap and will take this line as a bluff, but I'm yet to see somebody taking this line as a bluff.

Cheers!
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      thanks for the input,i have a problem with folding the river actually,but I hope it can be solved