[NL2-NL10] J9s on the button

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,09) J:heart: , K:club: , 9:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0,16, CO calls $0,16, Hero raises to $0,73, BB folds, MP1 calls $0,57, CO calls $0,57.

Turn: ($2,28) 4:heart: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4,60 (All-In), MP1 raises to $1,31 (All-In), CO raises to $0,21 (All-In).

River: ($8,40) Q:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8,40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and nines (Jd 9d)
      MP1 shows a flush, king high (Kh 8h)
      CO shows two pairs, queens and nines (Qs 9h)

MP1 wins with a flush, king high (Kh 8h)

That one hurt...can you spot the don...hero's mistake...
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano

I don't like raising the flop here. MP1 bet REALLY big into 3 players. If we think about his range, we're really not doing well equity-wise. Even if he has something like KT, he has 40% equity against us! Not couting the fact he could already have us beat with KJ, QT, K9, 99, JJ and whatnot. Aside from that, CO flatted his huge bet, which also shows some strength.

Even though it sounds really weak, I'd actually fold this on the flop, without reads! We have invested very little on this pot and our equity is really average-bad. If we decid to put money in here, we're playing for stacks and we don't want that when we've invested so little, unless we have a really big hand!

So just muck flop :evil:

• mata123
      yeah thanks...i went into all in mode there...hey 2 pears who can beat me...i'm the best :f_cool: ...i think i was a little bit tilted too,just won a couple of nice pots...when i see this hand know and i read what you posted mucking the hand sounds rike the right choice
      Thanks for the insight =)