[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR blaf on good scare card.

• Blackjed
      Blackjed
      Bronze
      Is it profitable in long run? opp is with normal stats a bit week on post flop play.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $4.90
      UTG2:
      $4.85
      MP1:
      $10.43
      MP2:
      $14.29
      MP3:
      $16.25
      CO(Hero):
      $20.12
      BU:
      $9.57
      SB:
      $11.42

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A.
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) 2, J, 7 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.82, MP3 calls $1.82.

Turn: ($6.19) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.19) 4 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.60, Hero raises to $6.84, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.79.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he calls too much out of position with pocket pairs / broadways it's fine, otherwise 3-betting is likely a bit thin especially if he's on the weak side of the tag style, i'd rather call in that spot.

On the flop you don't need to bet that big to get the job done, even $1.4 is plenty already. It also allows you to fire another barrel cheaper on good turns if you so choose to.

As played on the river it's really hard to say, he could certainly have the flush somehow, he could have something like QQ also, maybe he's good enough to valuebet Jx but if he's on the weak side he probably doesn't do it all that often. So if you think he can't have the flush there often (because he might raise it on the flop, because he doesnt call many 3bets with suited stuff), then it's probably fine. Tho at nl10 I'd be a bit worried that he's not capable of letting go of these hands if the price is too attractive, so if i was going to make a move i'd raise it a bit more because if we get called by AJ then our raise is worthless.

Hope it helps.
    • Blackjed
      Blackjed
      Bronze
      I dont agree. If I understood right.

I think I have 2 options after river - blaf flash or fold, not call. I think he had pair maybe 88+ or AQ+, with AK sometimes pipls play like this.

Good advice about Cbet, if I am going to blaf raise flash I need to make smaler Cbet.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You didn't, i never once talked about just calling the river, ever.

Hope it helps.