UTG ($5.92)
      UTG+1 ($7.69)
      UTG+2 ($7.50)
      MP1 ($12.65)
      Hero ($6)
      CO ($7.58)
      BTN ($7.02)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.06, fold, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, SB calls $0.03, BB checks

FLOP ($0.24) A:spade: 9:diamond: T:diamond:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.24) A:spade: 9:diamond: T:diamond: 8:club:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $0.18

RIVER ($0.60) A:spade: 9:diamond: T:diamond: 8:club: 8:spade:

UTG+2 bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02

UTG plays randomly, when I sat down he min 3bet with T4o. I was having a tough on the river deciding whether to raise or just flat. His overbet smells of a big hand wanting to get paid off and there are quite a few hands that beat me so I just called. Raise river?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If he's just pushing buttons i'd rather just call. While he can minraise anyway without a thought, it requires somewhat of a conscious effort to actually overbet twice the pot.

I personally find it hard to believe he'd actually play Ax like that, 8x fits and so do busted diamonds. 8x is calling a raise for sure, busted diamonds aren't, and if he can play Ax like that, then he's probably calling with those too unless you raise huge.

Basically if you think he's the type to overvalue top pair and slowplay himself into oblivion with it, raise the river to like $2.5 for value and puke when he shoves. Otherwise just calling is probably fine.

Hope it helps.