Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $7.15
      BU:
      $5.07

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:spade: , 5:diamond:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.17, Hero calls $0.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.39) 3:diamond: , T:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.59) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BU calls $1.00.

River: ($3.59) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.30 (All-In),
  • 8 replies
    • oskarG
      oskarG
      Bronze
      Well who won then ?
    • RoyG85
      RoyG85
      Bronze
      its not about who won, its about analyzing, i would like to get some opinions
    • timinsa
      timinsa
      Bronze
      IMO...

Fold here the fact that he was willing to call your flop bet is enough to indicate that he has iether. His atats are not bad iether (better than any fish) Would have chaecked the turn and let the hand go here.

Question did you call the river bet.....if you did I would think you lost the hand
    • RoyG85
      RoyG85
      Bronze
      Yea i agree, i wud say my semi-bluff raise on the flop isnt too bad, and after that it shud have been c/f. But i just got a very strong feeling he was bluffing me bigtime with some overcard hand, im just looking if there are any opinions out there who can come up with a proper anlyze of why to or not to suspect a bluff here, i mean the board does give alot of bluffing possiblities, it might also help to say villain was Russian.

And yeah i did call his bed, caus i made my mind up him bluffing and went for it. Eventho it shud be -EV in the end, i really wanna find out why i got such a strong feeling of him bluffing me, and if its based on any realistic reasoning, or just emotions and need to control em.
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      if you dont hit 5 on flop -> check/fold
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      IMO bad play...You've effectivley turned you hand into a bluff. At NL5 its hard to bluff opponents who dont want to fold! You carnt really count your flush as outs though as even if you make your flush you might have reverse implied odds. The board isnt exactly the best board to be re raising and fireing on at this limit, dues to the fact players dont fold. Just play it for the set and if havnt floped it fold your hand to any aggresion...
    • RoyG85
      RoyG85
      Bronze
      Thanks all for the comments, i needed them to realise how ridiculously i played this hand. I made up my mind on him being on a pure bluff on the flop, and based it all on that.

When in fact it is horribly played, and the only thing i could possibly beat was a pure bluff with total nothing.

Eventho i ended up being right this time, and won the hand, it was played horribly. Thanks all!
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      your reads is very important. If you feel that he has total air - go and get him. But need to be very careful to do moves like that with hand like your.