$1,38
      Hero:
      $1,94
      UTG2:
      $3,45
      MP2:
      $1,15

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , T:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, 3 folds, SB calls $0,01, Hero raises to $0,13, UTG2 calls $0,11, MP2 raises to $1,15 (All-In), SB folds, Hero raises to $1,94 (All-In), UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($3,24) 3:club: , T:heart: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($3,24) J:club:
      River: ($3,24) 7:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,24

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Td Ts)
      MP2 shows high card ace with king kicker (As Kc)

Hero wins with three of a kind, tens (Td Ts)

Again the fold was the right play here?
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It has to be close since he's a halfstack and UTG2 is dead money for all intents and purposes. Depending on how he plays it is or it isn't possible for MP2 to show up with a bigger pair after he just overlimped preflop, so going broke when in doubt for 50bb in that spot is by no means horrible.

Don't sweat it too much. If he had been fullstacked it'd probably be a fold, but as it is calling is fine.

Hope it helps.
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      i had a couple of hands like this and i was wondering if all in this kind of spot is good in the long run,i did some analysys with poker stove and against a tight range(88+,AJs+,AJo+) its a coin flip,maybe if the opponet is not as tight it"s better to shove here
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Don't make the mistake of considering equity without pot odds. If you're flipping against some range and yet you need to call $1 to win $20, just because it's 50/50 equity-wise doesn't mean a call isn't profitable.

Obviously in that spot it's not that drastic but still, between the limpers, your raise, UTG2's overcall and MP2's call of your raise before he reraised all-in, you've got about ~$0.4 of dead money when you're asked to call ~$1. That means you're calling ~1$ to win ~$1.4, and that you need around 42% equity to break even, not 50%. So if you call it off with 50% equity, you're showing a decent profit.

Hope it helps.
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      thanks it's a nice input,pot odds....i did't thought about it(i really am still a fish :f_grin: ) so this things haven't sunk in yet, during live play,but i will look at my hands postplay and try to read some articles about this