[NL2-NL10] NL10 re-raise w AQs possible?

• Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      So this guy either limped or minbet many times before. If that was the case, I would have made a re-raise. However, this time he 3bet so I didn`t
      know if he had a good hand or was his bet just random. I believe I can`t make conclusions based on a very small sample size, but I found it better to fold this time.

On a sidenote: Is it worth for a thought-process like this on NL10 or should I stick to the SHC?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $1.85
      MP1:
      $7.10
      MP2:
      $6.39
      MP3:
      $7.46
      CO:
      $14.02
      BU(Hero):
      $2.20
      SB:
      $2.87
      BB:
      $7.64
      UTG1:
      $1.85

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, 5 folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.15.
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Bubalus,

if you have a statistics program you can add stats to your posts to get better evaluation. If you just observe and make your own statstics by pure observation then it depends on how many hands you played with this player. If he is raising a lot(over a decent sample size of 30+ hands), then I would 3-bet(push) him with AQs otherwise or if I'm unsure I would just stick to the SHC.

Observing opponents and processing thoughts is valuable on every limit, also, because this way you improve your game regardless of what limit you play. You can also improve your winrate this way.

Regards,
      burek2000