This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25, J4s BBvsSB's limp, range?

• Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $48.45
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $31.11
      SB:
      $27.13
      BB(Hero):
      $26.37
      MP2:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, J.
      4 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.25.

SB stats: 88 hands; VPIP-22; PFR-7; Aggression-4.3

Question here is - How big my range should be here to raise PF?
      I think, if opponent would have a 35-50 VPIP, then I should be checking here and try to bet on the flop if opponent checks to me.
      How do you play these spots?
      What should I be aware from?
      In general - How to play profitable into the spots like this?
  • 2 replies
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      if opponent has less than 20 VPIP than any two. if it's bigger than raise with card you'd raise from the BU
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1$ is fine raise size
      But I don´t see why you should definitely raise hand like J4s where you´d likely would fold pf if anyone had raised.
      I´d take my free flop and if he checks either bet flop or try to check it down
      Just if you miss flop which you do often and c-bet and he c/c then you´re quite difficult situation with J high and if you chekc back turn, he´d bet river and you fold. So I´d prefer raising ip hands that are ahead his limping range and if he c/c then I can bet 3 or 2 streets for value.