HANDBALL: Craotia in the Finals

• s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      I'm a huge sports fan (ironically i study computer science) and I was wondering if any of you guys watch handball.. Its for sure the most intensive sport you can watch... (well for europeans at least)
      I really recommend you all at watch Final game of European Championship on sunday (31.01.2010)... Its Croatia against one of their biggest nemesis France... Two probably the best team in the Europe run at each other tomorrow in Vienna... WISH I HAD TICKETS for it
      As a HUGE Croat of course I'll be supporting my team... but its a good enough result to come to the finals with the youngest team at Championship...
      France is more experienced and has most probably better players overall but you always have to go with the team that has the best player and thats Croatia... Ivano Balic (6 consecutive MVP at major tournaments)
      but as people say croatia's strength is not only at handball JORDAN (IVANO BALIC), who smokes 15 cigarettes a day... they have one of the best circle players in Vori and a lot of young prospect...
      so pls tomorrow all cheer for croatia to give a great game and to win...
      after all its the only gold medal we miss (we have world championship gold, and olympic gold) and we are due to come to terms with france as we lost at home last year in the world championship final to france...
      so i hope you ll all sing tomorrow at the end of the day:

SAMO JE JEDNO
      U MOM ZIVOTU VRIJEDNO
      DA PUSTIM SUZU S OKA
      JER TEBE VOLIM JA

ZIVOT MI DALA
      BAS KAO DA JE ZNALA
      DA NIKAD NECE NESTAT
      SA MOJIH USANA

S PONOSOM NARODU SVOM
      LJUBI GRB NA DRESU TOM

NA JADRANU I SAVI
      NA DUNAVU I DRAVI
      NEK SE SLAVI
      CJELI DAN I NOC

HRVATSKA....
  • 17 replies
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Well, I don't like handball but I've seen that you speak Korean... Are you serious ?

If not, 바보야
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      well... thanks for the 바보야 thing... wasn't really necessary :-)... IDIOT
      I'm trying to learn Korean as my girlfriend is from Seoul... so yeah i can understand pretty much everything you write :-)...
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Bleh sorry for that, I thought you would'nt understand it :)

I've got many korean friends so I learn Korean as well :)

EDIT : To apologize ---> GO CROATIA COME ON !
    • NotNever
      NotNever
      Bronze
      Eeeee... If not judges ya'd all be cryin now.

=P

Anyway, nice match, good luck in final.
      I mean, you really gotta kick their french asses!

Greetings from Poland.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Congratz to Croatians!

Slovenians sucked :( .
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      Well nice to meet a nice person :-)
      i just read your blog and i cant stop wondering how do you reach 150 from 50 on SnG DoN??? i mean i tried that... and sooo unsuccessful... i mean few of them i played bad but most of them i was almost always in front, if nothing but just 51-49% and always lost...
      i can't stop but hate loosing streak... like AK vs A8, AA vs JJ, AA vs 88... and all those dominant hands... not to mention those flip coin situations... but did you play DoN Turbo or normal??
      I'm pretty good when it comes to following those rules written in PS... sometimes i even play a bit aggressive coz i read my opponents not that bad... they fold 8/10 times on a simple raise but i really hate it... sometimes i even wanna fold AA just to stay in the game...
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      Yeah i know... i watched almost every game... you played good at the beginning but thats the cost of having all the old players later in the tournament... but its good to see 3 of 6 ex yu in the top 16 of the europe/ world... as we know european handball championship is stronger than world championship
      im really proud of croatia to reach the finals... played soo bad from the beginning but how do you know the great teams??? they play great in worst games (cro-dan and cro-pol)
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      NotNever... come on... croatia came flying in the 2nd half... Bielecki is too selfish...we played awful 1st half and you couldn't use it in your advantage only +1...
      blame all on the refs... for them it was irrelevant how plays in the finals... and you had bigger names than croatia overall... Lievski brothers, Bielecki, Jurecki... come on... all of them play in bundesliga... Dunvnjak and Vori only significant players that play in bundesliga.. and the refs were Norwegian... totally irrelevant... wenta is a great coach but unfortunately he overreacted on a important possession and thats when you lost the game... he came inside the field and thats it...
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Ajmo CROATIA!!

Go go go go :heart:
    • thepowerplay
      thepowerplay
      Bronze
      Lol... I've never seen a handball game in my life. Here in Canada, it's pretty much nonexistent. Out of curiosity, though, I watched highlights of the 2009 Croatia/France match on youtube. Looks pretty cool, actually. Is the gameplay similar to soccer (football), except play of the ball is with the hands?

Hope you enjoyed the game, whatever the result. It's always pretty exciting to have your country in a big sports final.

:s_biggrin:
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      I'd say its more similar to hockey than soccer, kinda weird you didn't mention that... unless ur not a hockey fan, in which case i'm very disappointed :) )
    • thepowerplay
      thepowerplay
      Bronze
      No no... I am a hockey fan! Ha ha... the vid I watched was just a 3 minute highlight reel. But I can see the similarities to hockey too for sure.

Is handball a mainstream sport in Europe only?

Anyways... I thought it was pretty interesting to watch. Pretty cool sport.

:)
    • stubbornd0nkey
      stubbornd0nkey
      Basic
      silver is fantastic!!!
      no need to be sad for the loss.

@ thepowerplay

id say its more like a combination between soccer basketball (and wrestling). Its only close to soccer because you have to score a goal. It has a much more dynamic play (a lot more goals). Similar to basketball. Also it is always clear who is attacking and who is not, like basketball.

Not sure how much you saw in the clip, but it is very physical. Those who play on the line (6 meters line, only keeper can stand there, but players can jump in) wrestle more than they do anything else.

Our/Croatia's Vori is the best in the world in that position.

P.S. bravo Marino Maric

He was the youngest croatian player (whole tournament?) and he is an acquaintance of mine

P.P.S. lol for kruzni igrac=circle player :D

P.P.P.S L0L for me if it is really called that. I've only watched Handball with local commentators so i cant be completely sure, but im pretty sure its not called that
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Actually I believe it's called pivot in english too.
    • NotNever
      NotNever
      Bronze
      Originally posted by s1m0nmp
      NotNever... come on... croatia came flying in the 2nd half... Bielecki is too selfish...we played awful 1st half and you couldn't use it in your advantage only +1...
      blame all on the refs... for them it was irrelevant how plays in the finals... and you had bigger names than croatia overall... Lievski brothers, Bielecki, Jurecki... come on... all of them play in bundesliga... Dunvnjak and Vori only significant players that play in bundesliga.. and the refs were Norwegian... totally irrelevant... wenta is a great coach but unfortunately he overreacted on a important possession and thats when you lost the game... he came inside the field and thats it...
      I'd never say he's too selfish. There's so many peaople picking on him, and I think it's pretty unfair. Personaly, I consider that he's a great player when he has 'his day', I mean it depends on opponents obv, you know when he scores 1 after another.

The thing with norwegian refs is that BEFORE that match there were words of concern by the team/coach since there favoutited 1 side in previous matches as we played too, and it was not Poland. Besides you have to admit, that refs made some mistakes. Maybe we still wouldnt have won, but it piss us off.

The thing with our players is... the are really old. They themselves tell that in 2 years time majority of them will resign from handball, and there's no one to replace them (at least so far).
    • stubbornd0nkey
      stubbornd0nkey
      Basic
      Originally posted by fulja
      Actually I believe it's called pivot in english too.
      its still not circle player, lol :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Congratz on the silver ;)