[NL2-NL10] how to proceed?this guy really was playing like a maniak,should i still fold on the river?

• RoundMidnight
      RoundMidnight
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $0,94
      MP3:
      $14,56
      Hero:
      $22,43

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:club:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,25) 6:club: , Q:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,62, Hero calls $0,62.

Turn: ($2,49) K:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2,49, Hero calls $2,49.

River: ($7,47) J:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $10,95 (All-In), Hero calls $10,95.

Final Pot: $29,37

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ah Kc)
      MP3 shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Kd Jc)

MP3 wins with two pairs, kings and jacks (Kd Jc)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not sure i'd call a 65/5/3 a maniac exactly but it's your read : >

In that case i'd probably even consider 2 overs and a flushdraw the nuts on the flop. But since we can't really call down with AK-high, i'd rather raise. A maniac can lead out with all sorts of trash hands and when we can't bluffcatch for value, making him fold them is good for us. If he decides to 3bet our raise it doesn't mean he has a big hand either he could still be full of it and either 3bet/fold or 3bet/call with worse, so at that point with all the money already in the pot i don't even mind going broke with the hand.

If you don't want to take it that far on the flop, just calling is fine, and calling him down is likely mandatory when you hit TPTK, he could still bluff-jam busted 1-card clubdraws and worse Qx/Kx "for value" on the river. NH.

Hope it helps.