This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 88 shoved preflop

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Party Poker $50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 509858
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $50.75
      Hero (SB): $51.75
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $51.00
      CO: $50.75

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 8 :club: 8 :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, BB raises to $50 all in, Hero calls $32

BB is a solid aggressive regular - 17/15/10/10/(109) (vpip/pfr/3bet/af/(hands))

It's villain's first hand on the table.
      His 3bet is 10% on average preflop, in SB vs BB it should be higher, somewhere around 12% or maybe even more.

Fold seems weak here for me. The problem with calling is that I'd have a very hard time playing my hand postflop - there are many scarecards, I can't feel safe even with an overpair, I'll have to make a move often to make a call profitable and I'm oop against him to make my life even harder.

So I thought about a raise. My reasoning is that since it's our first hand on the table he'll probably give my 4bet some credit and I can often take the pot down preflop. If he shoves I have to call 32$ to fight for the pot of 100$ so I need 32% equity. I assume he goes broke here with TT+, AQ+ (reasonable range?) and my equity against him is around 37% according to Equilator, so I have to call it.

When I think about a hand I think that maybe folding to his 3bet is the best way to go here... But I'm not really sure - it looks weak for me.
  • 1 reply