Party Poker $50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 509858
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $50.75
      Hero (SB): $51.75
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $51.00
      CO: $50.75

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 8 :club: 8 :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, BB raises to $50 all in, Hero calls $32

BB is a solid aggressive regular - 17/15/10/10/(109) (vpip/pfr/3bet/af/(hands))

It's villain's first hand on the table.
      His 3bet is 10% on average preflop, in SB vs BB it should be higher, somewhere around 12% or maybe even more.

Fold seems weak here for me. The problem with calling is that I'd have a very hard time playing my hand postflop - there are many scarecards, I can't feel safe even with an overpair, I'll have to make a move often to make a call profitable and I'm oop against him to make my life even harder.

So I thought about a raise. My reasoning is that since it's our first hand on the table he'll probably give my 4bet some credit and I can often take the pot down preflop. If he shoves I have to call 32$ to fight for the pot of 100$ so I need 32% equity. I assume he goes broke here with TT+, AQ+ (reasonable range?) and my equity against him is around 37% according to Equilator, so I have to call it.

When I think about a hand I think that maybe folding to his 3bet is the best way to go here... But I'm not really sure - it looks weak for me.
  • 1 reply