PartyPoker Screen Name

• 8 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi kesgab!

Yes! There is no danger for your PartyPoints or PokerStrategy account.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Thanks Puschkin!

I have another question about changing the screename.
      I don't have pokertracker yet, but i guess it collects data based on screenames. So if i or anybody else on my PT's database changes his name, the statistics on me or him are lost?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      If you change your name he will have to get new reads about you. But for example if our old name was "a" and your news name is "b" and he knows that "a" and "b" are the same person he can set the option that PT gets the stats from "a" and "b".

You can do this as well and also you should do it if you change your own nick. Unfortunatly I never used PT so I don't know where this function is but I know that it exists.
    • JackxxRatt
      JackxxRatt
      Bronze
      You would add all your own screen names as an alias using the "aliases" button in the general info. window.
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies, good to know that PT can handle aliases.

Does anybody knows what happens with the notes that i take on other players when somebody changes his screenname?
      Do i lose them or are they attached to the accounts?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Do you mean the notes which you take on the Partypoker software? They are still attached to the same name and won't change.

If you know the new nick you can copy them to the new notes.

Just open the notes.txt in your Partypoker folder (or Partygaming) and search for the old nick and copy it to the new nick. (This nick is only avaiable if you made a note on the new nick ewarlier via the Partypoker software.)
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Yes, that was what i meant (sorry, i was not very clear) and thanks for the answer!

I sill have one more quesition: is there any rule about how many times somebody can changes his screenname in a given time?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi kesgab!

I think you can change your screen name once every six month.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81