[NL20-NL50] nl50 AK sh pre in 4-bet pot 150 bb deep

• tezapl
      tezapl
      Bronze
      hi.
      Villain is 25/19/2 with 3-bet 6%. Im 150 bb deep so Im not sure if stacking off pre is +EV in this spot. He dont look on guy who 5-bet light. My first thought is only AA-KK but mayby also AK and QQ. Nevermind.

I need 38% equity and against range (QQ+, AK) I have 39 so its breakeven.

So my question is what do u do in situtation like this ?
      And what range do u put him on ?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($53.60)
      BB ($52.06)
      Hero (UTG) ($74.15)
      Button ($117.54)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:diamond: , A:club:
      Hero bets $1.75, Button raises $6, 1 fold, BB calls $5.50, Hero raises $13.50, Button raises $33, 2 folds

Total pot: $36.75
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

first of all: Why do you 4-bet so small after coldcall of BB?
      Make it 21$ and fold to a reraise. He has there only KK/AA 99% of the time.
      I'd just call after BB completes, because BU 3-bets an UTG-raiser which shows normally a lot of strength.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      well you can´t just 4-bet and then decide that you´re against AA/KK and fold your hand.
      If you afraid that then call pf and if you flop A then you have easy all-in, if you flop K, then it is a littlebit difficult, but even then I think c/c flop and maybe c/rai turn is reasonable line in big pot.
      I would mostly not fold AK after 4-betting, so if he 5-bets I´m shoving
      Sometimes you´re flipping, sometimes he´d fold/call AK and some times you´re against KK/AA, but I would not turn AK into bluff that point