This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 AK sh pre in 4-bet pot 150 bb deep

• tezapl
      tezapl
      Bronze
      hi.
      Villain is 25/19/2 with 3-bet 6%. Im 150 bb deep so Im not sure if stacking off pre is +EV in this spot. He dont look on guy who 5-bet light. My first thought is only AA-KK but mayby also AK and QQ. Nevermind.

I need 38% equity and against range (QQ+, AK) I have 39 so its breakeven.

So my question is what do u do in situtation like this ?
      And what range do u put him on ?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($53.60)
      BB ($52.06)
      Hero (UTG) ($74.15)
      Button ($117.54)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:diamond: , A:club:
      Hero bets $1.75, Button raises $6, 1 fold, BB calls $5.50, Hero raises $13.50, Button raises $33, 2 folds

Total pot: $36.75
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

first of all: Why do you 4-bet so small after coldcall of BB?
      Make it 21$ and fold to a reraise. He has there only KK/AA 99% of the time.
      I'd just call after BB completes, because BU 3-bets an UTG-raiser which shows normally a lot of strength.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      well you can´t just 4-bet and then decide that you´re against AA/KK and fold your hand.
      If you afraid that then call pf and if you flop A then you have easy all-in, if you flop K, then it is a littlebit difficult, but even then I think c/c flop and maybe c/rai turn is reasonable line in big pot.
      I would mostly not fold AK after 4-betting, so if he 5-bets I´m shoving
      Sometimes you´re flipping, sometimes he´d fold/call AK and some times you´re against KK/AA, but I would not turn AK into bluff that point