This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] K8 on K83s

• AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $180,70
      Hero:
      $61,05

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      CO raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,00, 2 folds, CO calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,75) K:club: , 8:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $6,75, Hero raises to $16,00, CO calls $9,25.

Turn: ($38,75) 2:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero ?

-I guess my preflop raise could be considered strange
      As played:
      -i didnt find the decision hard when i played the hand but im not sure i played it right here. He can call us with worse hands like Kx with flushdraw.
      But if we bet here we are comittet and his flopplay looks pretty much like a flushdraw.
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd check behind turn because i don't want to fold top two against that villain.
      If river is non-club you can call his bet and if he checks you can valuebet.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      3-bet ip is very standard with your hand. You can´t call, but you can easily 3-bet to isolate player and use your positional advantage.
      I would likely raise bigger to 18$ or 20$
      I think check behind on the turn is a little better line, since if he has there Kx or maybe AA then he might fold to your turn bet and ofcourse he´d c/rai set and flush.
      If river is blank you can call his bet, even if he pots it and if he checks, you can valuebet yourself half pot.