Most profitable game

• 13 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      The most profitable game depends on your skill and your opponents skill. If you are the best player in the world then the most profitable game is simply the highest limit availible. If you are not so good then the most profitable game is probably NL100. If you are a beginner, then NL5 is probably the most profitable. Mostly NL hold'em is the most profitable game since there is the biggest skill factor in it. A lot of omaha H/L games feature 3 or 4 fish chasing big for the low half of the pot. This can be amazingly profitable too.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator is the biggest skill factor in it.

A lot of omaha H/L games feature 3 or 4 fish chasing big for the low half of the pot. This can be amazingly profitable too.
      U need a lto of skill in NL Holdem but u are cahsing small edges over ur opponents so it nsot the msot profitable, in other variants u have bigger edge, however, also less fish
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      The hypotesis (?) is that you are learning, reading books, playing, evaluating your hands, but you're not some kind of prophecy/born talent/whatever in this matter.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      The more profitable game is the one that can give a highly skilled player a larger profit per number of hands played.

In FL Hold'em the edge for a good player in high stakes is very small. For BSS highly skilled players can make a lot more money per hand played. I would say the most profitable is NL Heads Up. The skilled players at that always seem to have a massive win rate.

Nav
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      HU vs me
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      HU vs me

Lol, yeah, i bet it is! My HU game is awfull. But point taken!

in other variants u have bigger edge, however, also less fish

Nice post sir, i could bet that it's one or another, not both of them at the same time.
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      Phil Ivey and Hoss have over 6 BB/100 in FLHU. I'm not so sure that your edge is so much smaller. NLHE may very well not be the game that involves the most skill, PLO for example is more complicated and FL formats tend to involve more decisions for hand.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BDL
      Phil Ivey and Hoss have over 6 BB/100 in FLHU. I'm not so sure that your edge is so much smaller. NLHE may very well not be the game that involves the most skill, PLO for example is more complicated and FL formats tend to involve more decisions for hand.
      phil and hoss run good (and at their limits rake is a non factor). plo hu is the most profitable (look at ptr at plo50 hu; TOP WINNERS) but plo hu is also the most swingy and tilt inducing
    • Zbullterrier
      Zbullterrier
      Bronze
      Omaha, but in this site isn't so many articles. Try on, but u have to read a lot for anywhere u can find some article or good video.

Regards
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      NLO8
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      Phil and Hoss have been running good over alot of years//hands.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      There's no book i know of for heads up omaha. Do you know any? Or that's the reason you can make so much money, you don't have from where to learn the game?
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Yeah I have read online that Omaha is very profitable if you know what you are doing. Why? Because nobody else knows what they are doing.

I've thought about it but it doesn't interest me...

Nav