I dont know anything about poker please help

• pokermyth
      pokermyth
      Bronze
      I get Ad Kh raise 5X BB get one caller not even in the big or small blind

Flop QhJs10d i bet pot the guy goes allin i hit a straight so call he got Qd6h

turn is a 6s and river a 6d

i loss to a fullhouse.

I am not going to say at what site i played but this kind of thing happens every time at this site. is this normale for u guys??????
  • 13 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yes, it's normal, he had fullhouse, you had straight, and fullhouse beats straight
    • pokermyth
      pokermyth
      Bronze
      Ok so you tell me i must call raises with Q6 off suit to win at poker
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Not sure about Q6o, but you definitely shouldn't stack off with straight vs fullhouse.

Hope it helps.
    • pokermyth
      pokermyth
      Bronze
      Ok i hear u so every time i got a change to catch runner runner i must go allin? just trying to work out why i keep on lossing with good hand and other player play bad hand and win?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well if it as you say "happens every time at this site" then you'd be printing money with zero variance by doing so.
    • pokermyth
      pokermyth
      Bronze
      Its not one off pokerstrategy sites, but even on their site is starting to happen more and more, i play at 6 sites in all, but this kind off thing keeps on happening at the local sites and to the same players, its like they know they can call with any hand they will get the cards they need. I got my four of a kind beat with a runner runner straight flush.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Varriance.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi pokermyth,

As the guys have been saying, beats like these are standard in poker and referred to as variance or "standard variance".

Basically one of the skills (but not the only one of course) in poker is to identify and play hands where you are "ahead" of an opponent. e.g. playing AA when an opponent has QQ, playing AK against a Q6 etc.

Even though in some cases you can be a 90% favourite to win and "ahead" preflop, postflop and even after the turn, it is only after the river that the pot gets won.
      With live cards in the deck, a 90% hand will still lose 1 in every 10 times you play it.

But the key is that in 9 times of 10, you will win. Over the long term it is much more profitiable to play hands such as AK as opposed to the Q6 you mention.

Just remember that you will also dish out the odd bad beat to other players. Situations where the money goes in and you are a massive underdog to win, but manage to catch one of your live cards and turn it around to win. It happens to everyone, all the time and on all platforms, it is as they say "standard".

Hands where you bad beat someone are instantly forgettable, as your just relieved to have turned it around, but it's hard to forget the times when your aces were cracked or opponents catch runner runner to win.
      Try not to let it affect you, think long term, the more and more hands you play, the odd bad beat will become just a distant memory.

Good luck and best regards,

Bart
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      l
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      its just variance. theres no way he knew what cards were coming.
      earlier i was playing a cash game.
      i raised from UTG2,
      1 call,
      1 re raise,
      then somone pushed. -
      2 folds then a call.
      The guy turns over 82s - Hits his flush on the river.
    • Zbullterrier
      Zbullterrier
      Bronze
      That's happen all the day's of life. Welcome to Variance.

Regards
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      he knew!!! hes a cheater!!! he knows everything, dont play such ppl if you see them pushing Q6 cuz they know what cards will show up!
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      LOL :D