$3,66
      MP2:
      $0,89
      CO:
      $3,28
      Hero:
      $3,71

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 calls $0,02, MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,16, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,14, 2 folds, CO calls $0,14.

Flop: ($0,55) A:diamond: , 6:diamond: , A:heart: (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,13, CO calls $0,13, Hero calls $0,13.

Turn: ($0,94) T:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,23, CO calls $0,23, Hero calls $0,23.

River: ($1,63) K:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $1,63, UTG2 folds, CO calls $1,63.

Final Pot: $4,89

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, kings full of aces (Ks Kh)
      CO shows a flush, ace high (3d 3h)

Hero wins with a full-house, kings full of aces (Ks Kh)
      Any thoughts on the right way to play this hand
  • 5 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      fold turn.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Why fold turn?

I think you have two options, because there are 2 aces on the board, chances of one of them having an ace is smaller. If only one ace on the board, you need to be very careful.

Option 1. Raise the flop, easy fold if you get re-raised, but most of the time I expect you to take the pot right there. You could easily have the best hand here, they could have anything pocket pair or just high cards without an ace.

Option 2. Probably easier, just call down given the small bets and good odds and see a cheap showdown. The turn definitely isn't foldable, due to the almost 1/4 size bet, I won't worry too much about a flush here.

River is obvious given the card, try to get as much money as possible.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd raise even bigger preflop against so many limpers (and thus bad players), 3 of whom we're deepstacked with.

Postflop is fine, tho i might fold the turn. I agree it's hard to fold for one street given those odds in a vacuum, but that UTG2 guy already donked for 2 streets into us with increasingly bigger bets, there is nothing to suggest he won't bet the river again even a blank (on another diamond we're even harder pressed to call) and without realizing it we called off 40bb or so in the dark, he could very well play some raggedy Ax like that.

Hope it helps.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      Why fold turn?

Even if villian is betting small he isn't value betting Tx/6x or anything that we beat, and considering he bets into two players, flop and turn, it's an obvious fold.

I'm amazed at the level 1 thinking that goes on in these forums.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      Why fold turn?

Even if villian is betting small he isn't value betting Tx/6x or anything that we beat, and considering he bets into two players, flop and turn, it's an obvious fold.

I'm amazed at the level 1 thinking that goes on in these forums.
      I disagree. Level 1 might not be good, but level 2 is too high. Non-thinking level 0 is more like it. Villain is dumb to begin with (nobody decent limp/calls preflop and bets 1/4 pot on that flop) and you'll see lots of players at microstakes betting small with a small hand, just because they want to. He likely doesn't have Tx only he donked crap i'll give you that, but airballs, 6x and worse pocket pairs aren't out of the question, neither are flushes and Ax.

Calling the turn isn't good but it's not horrible, it might even be correct if it was the last street.

Hope it helps.