This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AKo NL25 SB 3bet pot

• Montana76
      Montana76
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $9.58
      MP2:
      $10.05
      MP3:
      $31.56
      CO:
      $24.37
      BU:
      $30.08
      SB(Hero):
      $31.10
      BB:
      $34.16
      UTG1:
      $25.00
      UTG2:
      $19.75

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, CO raises to $1.00, BU folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 3 folds, CO calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.75) T, 2, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($7.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, CO raises to $12.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $12.75.

UTG2: unk
      MP2 : 44/8/2/22 [vpip/pfr/af/hands]
      CO: 47/29/3/38/17 [vpip/pfr/af/wts/hands]

Hi

Help needed... How would You play this hand vs so loose oponent. I havent cb becouse of his WTS & board structure...
  • 6 replies
    • bernie0303
      bernie0303
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Montana76
      Help needed... How would You play this hand vs so loose oponent. I havent cb becouse of his WTS & board structure...
      why do u bet the turn? where is the difference compared to the flop?
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd raise preflop to 4,00$ because of oop and his looseness.
      I'd contibet flop to 4,75$ and give up if getting called or raised.
      As played: It's good to take a stab as delayed contibet, but the card isn't quite the best, because now the board hits his 3-bet calling range relatively hard.
      If villain is thinking player then he knows, that you would contibet flop with overpair/strong hand and air anytime. So he puts you on AJ-AK => c/f all streets.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      i think giving up on the flop is fine, although you can also try c-bet.
      Just when you get called you likely have only 6 outs to improve and you may get play back at some percentage, since board is middle and suited, it missed AJ-AK and you often don´t have there anything
      After you check flop I don´t like b/f turn, since he doesn´t really fold any better hand than yours and again you hand looks a lot like overcards, so he can raise there with worse hands
    • Montana76
      Montana76
      Bronze
      Thanks all!

@ bernie0303

I've bet because after his flop ch I thought that I have good/better hand & and dont want to play c/f (& dont have odds 4 c/c)

@ AninIII
      I think U right, but I earlier thougt that my 3bet amout is too high (3 $ would be standard) beacuse when I bet 3,5 or 4$ I give him message that I want to win it now & dont want to play it postflop OOP ( so he can see me as AK-AJ) I'm not right?

@ Kaitz20

so I should play c/f T, ch/c isnt any option, right?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think c/c turn is reasonable, but since you can´t call river bet, then c/f is also one option.
      Don´t really expect worse hands to bet very often or if they do, then it is hard you to call them down
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Montana76
      @ AninIII
      I think U right, but I earlier thougt that my 3bet amout is too high (3 $ would be standard) beacuse when I bet 3,5 or 4$ I give him message that I want to win it now & dont want to play it postflop OOP ( so he can see me as AK-AJ) I'm not right?
      It's the other way round.
      If you just bet 3$ you are giving villain better odds to call with marginal hands in position. I 3-bet oop to 3,5 times the raising size of initial raiser. As there are 2 limpers I bet 3,5x + 2 limpers as I want villain to make a bigger mistake preflop in the longrun.