Starting hand chart for 6max games

• CrOS
      Hi can anybody help me with this? I really want to learn play profitable short handed. And i think i start with the pre flop play so please help me or suggest me some articles

I want to learn with witch hands would it be good to open raise in witch postion pre flop?

And with witch hand to raise when there are limpers before us?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      You should first learn to play full ring. When you play full ring well, watch some shothanded videos to get an idea of what changes in shorthanded. Then, you should know yourself which hands are good to open and when - if you don't, then you shouldn't play shorthanded at all :)
    • tokyoaces
      Or you could ask on another forum where the coaches would give you helpful advice? :s_confused:

Four key things for 6-max:
      :spade: This PokerStrategy article will give you a profitable starting range.
      :heart: You'll have to learn quickly to not call raises and 3-bets if you want to stay alive ... Post hands where you get killed in the hands forum.
      :diamond: You must use a HUD/Tracker. Just get one. If you can afford 6-max you can afford the small stakes PT3.
      :club: Watch videos. Take notes. Play. Watch the same video again. Take more notes.

(Also you might want to stick with one video maker until you are posting any kind of profit. You don't want to get confused on advice that seems like it conflicts.)

BTW, just an FYI for PokerStrategy employees. Your run-away success has made the Full Ring tables suck much ass. Don't jerk your own members around here by not helping them move to 6-max quickly.
    • CrOS
      Ok then, thanks to both of you.

I'am not new in poker i play like 3-4 years but never tryed to play for real it was only fun to me. I can say that i know much about the game.

But iam steal a real thinking person and i can say that i can't beat NL5 short handed. I just cant. something is obviuslly missing in my game.

So i wanted to make sirius studies and my goal is with a learning atitude and much support of you guys to learn beat NL5 in 3 monts. If i dont succsed then poker is not an option for me.

I have the pokerstrategy Elephant and i think that this enogh for this starting game. I tryed the trial versions of PT3 and HEM and liked HEM the most. And if i make my goal the first thing will be to buy HEM.

Iam loocking forward to get help from you guys becouse iam sure that this game can be played profitable and i want to prove it to myself
    • Heffron89
      I started to play some SH on Cake poker.. after a playing it at party poker.. Am i the only one who finds it really hard to play shorthanded without stats