Win rate question

• dfedr
      dfedr
      Bronze
      Question is how much hands does one have to play on certain limit to evaluate his win rate? In other words when can I say that my win rate for my limit is for example 10BB/100 Hands? After 10k hands, 50k hands or what?
  • 7 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      infinite. It always changes.

Tbh...Forget about BB/100. $$$/100 is what you want to look at. $$$/100 tells youre most profitable limit. BB/100 just tells you how confortabley your beating a limit thus telling you if you have a good chance at beating the next limit.

20k should really be the min sarmple. 40k or 50k is alot better though.
    • dfedr
      dfedr
      Bronze
      Thanks for good answer and especially for reminding about $$$/100.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Id say in shorthanded you need 100k minimun to get any idea of your actualy winrate, after maybe 50k you could see if you are a winning player for your play over that 50k hands.

But as previous poster mention, by the time you have played 100k hands your game will have developed and changed and therefore your 'real' winrate will be different than when you started, although it will give you a good estimate of what your average win rate for your level of play was over that period of poker.
    • dfedr
      dfedr
      Bronze
      It was about FR, so I assume that 50K is good enough. Thanks for such an extensive answer though
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I was talking about FR yes. I always asume that unless somone says "SH" as i play FR :D
    • Zbullterrier
      Zbullterrier
      Bronze
      whit some 160 k hands whit 5% of doubt you can say if u are winner at that level or not. In the Spanisch comunnity are some paper about it, of stadistic and more :D .

Regards
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zbullterrier
      whit some 160 k hands whit 5% of doubt you can say if u are winner at that level or not. In the Spanisch comunnity are some paper about it, of stadistic and more :D .

Regards
      For SH yes...You dont need that many hands for FR