Bankroll

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I have decided that I don't like multi-tabling as much as I like playing 1 table and trying to pick everything apart. I am hoping to get feedback on a bankroll method of moving up.

I play FLSH What would be possible drawbacks (or advantages?) to moving up as soon as one has enough for a 25BB buy-in for that stake and a fish at that table. Basically, play at the highest stake in which you can afford to buy in (25BB) and hunt fish. If there is one at a table in which you can afford the buy-in and can get a seat next to him/her, then move up. Anybody follow?
  • 7 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      For NL you may get away with 10 BI moving down when you only have 5BI. Dunno about FL though sorry.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      FL the swings are so large, unless you plan to be moving up and down like crazy it could work but the problem might be is if you get hot and end up on a limit where your skill is not at par with others.

How much "variance" is normal? According to what I read, if you win 2.5BB/100, an expected standard deviation is 16BB/100. (Remember, this is over many. many hands - not a few hundred, at least ten thousand.) At this level, there is a 1% chance of a 235BB downswing. And that, it seems to me, is where the standard advice comes from to have a 300BB bankroll.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      don't buy into a game u don't have atleast 1 buyin for
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      SWEET...Of to NL2000 i go :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Originally posted by ihufa
      SWEET...Of to NL2000 i go :D
      gl
    • Zbullterrier
      Zbullterrier
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KidPokersKid
      FL the swings are so large, unless you plan to be moving up and down like crazy it could work but the problem might be is if you get hot and end up on a limit where your skill is not at par with others.

How much "variance" is normal? According to what I read, if you win 2.5BB/100, an expected standard deviation is 16BB/100. (Remember, this is over many. many hands - not a few hundred, at least ten thousand.) At this level, there is a 1% chance of a 235BB downswing. And that, it seems to me, is where the standard advice comes from to have a 300BB bankroll.
      Where did u get this quote? Thank for answer

Regards
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Thing is you'll never get 2.5BB/100 at higher stakes, so variance will increase a lot