KK preflop all-in

• dfedr
      dfedr
      Bronze
      Maybe beginner's question a bit, but is KK all-in preflop really profitable against standard TAG player? My memory says 95% of time he had AA. Thanks a lot in advance
  • 15 replies
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      no chance he has 95% AA

yes KK really is profitable, no folding that against only 1 player
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well then one of you is a nit
    • DZEMP
      DZEMP
      Bronze
      no fold kk qq jj 10 10 its not imposible to fold that hand
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      The only time I could imagin folding kings pre, is if I get 3-betted by a 63/1/0.4- player or something
    • dfedr
      dfedr
      Bronze
      Thanks and I'll be having a little talk with my memory
    • dfedr
      dfedr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Well then one of you is a nit
      Sorry, which one?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You are the one who should know it..

I mean, if he's aggresive player and does not stack off vs you without AA then he views you as a nit.

Otherwise he's just a nit himself. But i guess it's fullring you are talking about, then it's quite likely that both of you are nits. :D
    • dfedr
      dfedr
      Bronze
      Of course such a player is more likely a nit than me.

All in all I've got it, so thanks man
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      against a standard tag you are only folding if you hate money
    • dfedr
      dfedr
      Bronze
      The initial problem was about BSS. It says that you go preflop allin only with KK or AA. So my guess was if I'm holding kings and guy is playing nearly BSS he must have aces.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I know what you mean all the nits at nl 25 fr only go in with aces and just call with kings. But ur only real other option is smooth callin with kins then shoving if theres no ace on the board I like this less.
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      i would always call an all in pre flop with kings, especially at lower limits, its just too unlikely that your opponent holds aces every time. You tend to find lots of people pushing hands like ak and queens so if it was just these 4 hands you put your opponent on you would still be ahead/split 75% of the time.
    • Zbullterrier
      Zbullterrier
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alister15
      i would always call an all in pre flop with kings, especially at lower limits, its just too unlikely that your opponent holds aces every time. You tend to find lots of people pushing hands like ak and queens so if it was just these 4 hands you put your opponent on you would still be ahead/split 75% of the time.
      You are losing money playing like this. And be more possible to read when u are going AI preflop whit only AA. Remember, some TAG fish goes AI whit AJ+. U only have to pray more at that level and say: BANZAAAAAAAAAAAAAI.

Regards
    • touakimae
      touakimae
      Bronze
      Would u shove/call ur stack with QQ or AKs preflop (in a full ring table or perhaps even a short handed one) when u have a big stack behind vs another BSS player who raised early position?

If the villain is a regular tag i dont think this would be a profitable play, so u cant expect them to do it either!

If you are only willing to shove KK or AA there how can u be so confidant of your kings?

ive been in this spot countless times and they allmost allways had me beat.

basically if u know the other guy only shoves KK or AA shoving KK urself (when u know u have 0% fold equity) is a losing proposition.

Sometimes u will lay them down sometimes u wont is a tricky spot.

i would happilly shove KK vs some random fulltilt gambler though :) or on a heads-up situation.

And heyy u can allways play them for set value!! :f_eek:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      therre sre alread two thousand threads about this