[NL2-NL10] NL 10 AQs

• Shinersen
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35, 3 folds, BU raises to $1.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.05, MP1 calls $1.05.

Flop: ($4.35) 4, A, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $2.50, BU folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $5.50, Hero raises to $6.25(All-In), MP1 calls $0.75.

River: ($21.85) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.85.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and sixs(A Q).
      MP1 shows a full-house, jacks full of sixs(J J).

MP1 wins with a full-house, jacks full of sixs(J J).

action on turn ??
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      Action on turn is kinda tough. Sure you picked up 9 more outs but he isn't going to be betting AT unless he feels you're likely to call off a stack with a naked flushdraw or gutshot.

As played I'm more likely to c/raise the flop as it would representing such a wide range (any type of draw, sets, two pairs, top pairs, etc) which could make villian easily spaz/shove a worse Ax thinking you're on a flushdraw.

Anyway, NH.
    • caltabiano

This should be a fold pre-flop. You raised from UTG and villain is 3betting you. His range is gonna be super tight. Probably something like [JJ+, AK]. AQ is really bad against that range. Apart from that, we're gonna be playing OOP and that's just gonna make us lose even more money =/

• MaestroOfZerg

I'd just fold preflop by the way not knowing the guy, drawing with AQs out of position for 15% of our stack sucks when we get squeezed by an unknown after opening from early position.

I'm fine with the way you played it postflop. Our equity on the turn against a value + some bluffs range is close enough that we can call getting 2.5:1 if you don't know the guy, he might show up with a worse Ax or spades/hearts, maybe some complete airballs tho i wouldn't count on it.

If you check/jam the flop in theory you might get called by a worse Ax if he puts you on a draw, but that's assuming 1/ he's thinking enough to put you on something 2/ he squeezed a worse Ax hand to begin with. That's a stretch at nl10. I'd rather take the line you took and eventually valuebet the river against worse made hands if he checks back the turn.

Hope it helps.