This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 AQs

• Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG2(Hero):
      $10.15
      MP1:
      $11.44
      MP2:
      $10.25
      MP3:
      $27.35
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $23.05
      SB:
      $20.64

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35, 3 folds, BU raises to $1.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.05, MP1 calls $1.05.

Flop: ($4.35) 4, A, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $2.50, BU folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $5.50, Hero raises to $6.25(All-In), MP1 calls $0.75.

River: ($21.85) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.85.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and sixs(A Q).
      MP1 shows a full-house, jacks full of sixs(J J).

MP1 wins with a full-house, jacks full of sixs(J J).

action on turn ??
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Action on turn is kinda tough. Sure you picked up 9 more outs but he isn't going to be betting AT unless he feels you're likely to call off a stack with a naked flushdraw or gutshot.

As played I'm more likely to c/raise the flop as it would representing such a wide range (any type of draw, sets, two pairs, top pairs, etc) which could make villian easily spaz/shove a worse Ax thinking you're on a flushdraw.

Anyway, NH.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey

This should be a fold pre-flop. You raised from UTG and villain is 3betting you. His range is gonna be super tight. Probably something like [JJ+, AK]. AQ is really bad against that range. Apart from that, we're gonna be playing OOP and that's just gonna make us lose even more money =/

Cheers!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just fold preflop by the way not knowing the guy, drawing with AQs out of position for 15% of our stack sucks when we get squeezed by an unknown after opening from early position.

I'm fine with the way you played it postflop. Our equity on the turn against a value + some bluffs range is close enough that we can call getting 2.5:1 if you don't know the guy, he might show up with a worse Ax or spades/hearts, maybe some complete airballs tho i wouldn't count on it.

If you check/jam the flop in theory you might get called by a worse Ax if he puts you on a draw, but that's assuming 1/ he's thinking enough to put you on something 2/ he squeezed a worse Ax hand to begin with. That's a stretch at nl10. I'd rather take the line you took and eventually valuebet the river against worse made hands if he checks back the turn.

Hope it helps.