PLO8 - AA37 top set vs nut low +hi wrap

• calldark
      calldark
      Bronze
      Soz cant work out to use HH converter for OH8 hands.

I raise AdAh3c7c ep PLO8 FR.

4 calls. Flop Ac4c6s. I c-bet; get min raised and flatted. I re-raise; 1 shove; 1 flat and I call AI.

As played on flop i'm never folding but was I a dog? Putting one on the low and one on a draw/or low, should I have gone for pot control or is that too nitty?

As it happened the re raiser had 2345 for the freeroll to scoop.
  • 5 replies
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Yeah, I'd go for potcontrol on that flop. There is very little hope for scoop with your hand (if 2 comes vs 23, /maybe/, but if there are people shoving, they tend to have better lows than that), and while you might be favorite to win the high pot (and not with a large margin), you are very potentially still dog in the whole pot. One thing to understand is that you are playing more or less for a split and not for a scoop when people show interest on such flops, and that's the important consideration.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Oh, this is you easy :f_biggrin: Well, with your typical image, shove away. You'll get called by a gutshot anyway. :P
    • calldark
      calldark
      Bronze
      lol cookie

Thx for answer I not so keen on teh top set in hi/lo on those boards but tend to criticise myself for being a bit nitty in omaha games
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      You have to realize that the flop is pretty bad for your hand with so many players in, of course thats pretty counterintuitiv, especially for beginners.
      But you need to realize the following, someone will have a low + some draw and he is never going to fold meaning that you are getting freerolled here 99% of the time for your whole stack in a single raised pot which is awful.

An additional consideration here is that 3 Aces are already out and there are 4 opponent players with hands in so you can bet a million on it that at least one of those guys got 23xx.
      The right play here is to check and fold the flop unless the price for the next card is very cheap.
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      well I'd shove straight after the flop.

1) I'm not sure about the limit we're talking about here, but from the preflop action I kind of assume that many players are aiming for Lo pot, so likely for them to have most of the low cards in their hole cards already. Less chance of runnin into a A-5 straight, therefore.

2) even if you DO run into the straight, consider a fair number of outs for a nut full house for you as well. Not even mentioning that a 5 would bring u the middle straight as well.

3) you've also got two of the clubs, so that's the two cards someone can not use if drawing for the flush right there.. or may even bring YOU the winning flush, who knows.

so basically you are losing half of the pot (or less? depending on how deep you stack is compared to the most lucky freeroller), but you've still got pretty good chances of getting back more than you put in.

Would be my style.. I agree it's a bit fishy but I'm sticking to it.