Titan is soooo frustrating

• Washdogg
      Washdogg
      Bronze
      Not even mentioning how AK never wins HU against AJ or AQ, or how runner runners are completely normal; Titan support is soooo unhelpful and annoying... I'm thinking about transferring over to FTP, is it worth it to wait out the last man standing or even worth switching at all because I'm reeeeally frustrated with Titan.
  • 16 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I like their support... Aliciah always comes to talk to me :heart:
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      Titan vs FTP not so different when it comes to varience. when in down swing you lose with everything, your big hands are subject to the most awesome bad beats, same goes for both sites. the big difference between T and FTP is that the blinds on T go up much faster if your playing sng or mtts (if remember correctly). i switched because all that blue was starting to make me sea sick.
    • KobeLG
      KobeLG
      Bronze
      I like their costumer support it's like an emergency response team, even if I just mis-click and the window pups up, close it an 5 secs later "hi my name is ....Slim Shady" =)

but seriously it's the only good thing they have.

FTP has so much more, traffic, tournaments (every tourney on T is restricted), different ring tables, no SSS though, well there are a few "shallow" tables where u can sit down with 20BB but those tables are full of shortstackers wondering why SSS isn't working.

i switched because all that blue was starting to make me sea sick.

imo that alone is enough to switch, that blue will make ur eyes bleed.
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      Titan is terrible! The blue, non-re-sizable tables; the terrible game selection; the slow game play...

Switch to FTP and all you're wildest dreams will come true.
      I purposely burned through some free money at Titan because I hate it so much. When you're putting money on red and spinning that roulette wheel, you know your done with the poker site.
    • ellninjo
      ellninjo
      Bronze
      I love Titan... it always reminds me that I am not so good poker player. Everywhere else I am in profit, EVERY-f**king-WHERE, but not here. Have you notice, sometime when A357 is down and you go all in with AK vs JJ for example, there is a slight delay in rivering J. I thought at first that delay was connected to my Internet flapping, but then I became so scare of that all in situation delay since I know when I see it that I am about to loose of two-out-er.
      t
      FTP is not much better, I tried playing Rush poker there, I quit because winning streak not because of loosing one. I have hit 3 times Quads with pocket pair within 20 hands, and then 80 hands later a forth time (4 times in 100 hands). Any serious player can see how impossible is that.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by ellninjo
      Any serious player can see how impossible is that.
      oh shit! I always thought i'm serious player . . until now ^^
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I love Titan... it always reminds me that I am not so good poker player. Everywhere else I am in profit, EVERY-f**king-WHERE, but not here. Have you notice, sometime when A357 is down and you go all in with AK vs JJ for example, there is a slight delay in rivering J. I thought at first that delay was connected to my Internet flapping, but then I became so scare of that all in situation delay since I know when I see it that I am about to loose of two-out-er.
      t
      FTP is not much better, I tried playing Rush poker there, I quit because winning streak not because of loosing one. I have hit 3 times Quads with pocket pair within 20 hands, and then 80 hands later a forth time (4 times in 100 hands). Any serious player can see how impossible is that.
      http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/impossible
      http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/improbable

How impossible is it? I guess I'm not a serious poker player. Also how do you measure impossibleness?
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      t
      Didn't u know Titan run the infinite improbability soft ware, the more improbable an out come the more likely it is to occur. lol :D
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      titan runs the moan&bash software....the more you moan and bash your head to the screan the higher the probabillity to win hands/or to have brain damage :f_cool:
    • paranoid1974
      paranoid1974
      Bronze
      decided to give Titan a try a couple of months ago and found it absolutely terrible. The worst part of it was the slow play. At FTP, most tables are averaging 55-65 hands/hr, while @Titan, 40 was doing pretty good(full ring).
      Since Titan is supposed to be one of ipoker networks flagship sites, then you'll likely find the same irritating crap at all there other sites as well.
    • noghstar
      noghstar
      Bronze
      Titan is pants! I've been playing poker for about 2 years, but only 4 fun. Recently I decided to play online, so I joined PS because I wanted to be a better player (Also the $50 starting capital is great).** I have played Party Poker, Bwin and Everest.

After reading some basic strategies on SP, I join Titan poker with the $50. Within 2 minutes I was harassed by their support team to deposit money. I was polite but they kept on... so I logged off.

But that's not my main problem with Titan.

I'm only a beginner but I do understand variance and suspected that something seemed wrong when I was started playing. At the time I put my bad luck down to inexperience and variance. After about 250/300 played hands I realized that I havn't been dealt AA or KK (I'm also using PT3 trail version). Variance again I thought. This continued up until around 800 hands, when I got AA - Hurray!!! I won $0.08 lol

Anyway after 920 hands my bankroll is gone :(

A little gutted but there goes, but im not giving up. I gonna take the lessons I have learnt from Poker Strategy and continue playing freerolls (not on Titan Pants tho.)

Just thought I'd share my experiences with you all

Good luck
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noghstar
      Titan is pants! I've been playing poker for about 2 years, but only 4 fun. Recently I decided to play online, so I joined PS because I wanted to be a better player (Also the $50 starting capital is great).** I have played Party Poker, Bwin and Everest.

After reading some basic strategies on SP, I join Titan poker with the $50. Within 2 minutes I was harassed by their support team to deposit money. I was polite but they kept on... so I logged off.

But that's not my main problem with Titan.

I'm only a beginner but I do understand variance and suspected that something seemed wrong when I was started playing. At the time I put my bad luck down to inexperience and variance. After about 250/300 played hands I realized that I havn't been dealt AA or KK (I'm also using PT3 trail version). Variance again I thought. This continued up until around 800 hands, when I got AA - Hurray!!! I won $0.08 lol

Anyway after 920 hands my bankroll is gone :(

A little gutted but there goes, but im not giving up. I gonna take the lessons I have learnt from Poker Strategy and continue playing freerolls (not on Titan Pants tho.)

Just thought I'd share my experiences with you all

Good luck
      because only with AA you can win money right?
    • rbdflyboy
      rbdflyboy
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear you lost yor BR. I have learned that I'm not lucky, so, to counter that fact I must be good. Variance and downswings have hit me hard. I seem to come back though at least to even or slightly less. I was told to practice alittle and study alot. Bad beats, suckouts, missed boards etc. have shell shocked me to the point of apathy and this is where I needed to be. In its realization this has taught me to always play my A game no matter what the outcome because win or lose there is always another game. I still have my BR and I attribute that to PS and when I get better it will grow. There is knowledge in the wisdom that if it hurts keep going...only smarter next time. Have a good one.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      and another thing 920 hands and you lost your bankroll? nice BRM
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      I got some Titan no dep money too, I played a SNG and won $50 first thing I did then I tried playing some serious poker (cash games) but it proved to be impossible, the colour, the tables, the speed.. EVERYTHING was getting on my nerves, so I just took all my money to the highest possible 6 max table n spewed it away. From what I hear anyways they don't seem to be a serious poker room, too much weird stuff going on there.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by webjockeycontact
      I got some Titan no dep money too, I played a SNG and won $50 first thing I did then I tried playing some serious poker (cash games) but it proved to be impossible, the colour, the tables, the speed.. EVERYTHING was getting on my nerves, so I just took all my money to the highest possible 6 max table n spewed it away. From what I hear anyways they don't seem to be a serious poker room, too much weird stuff going on there.
      in case you got some free money again and want to spew them away, I can give you my nickname and you can send them as a player-to-player transfer ;)

I'll accept such gifts anytime...