This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 6max T8s bottom two

• mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($65.05)
      UTG+1 ($52.50)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($50) --73/14 (20 hands)
      SB ($58.30)
      Hero ($65.70)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB 8:diamond: 10:diamond:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, BTN raises to $1.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $6, BTN calls $4.25

Flop: 10:spade: Q:diamond: 8:heart: ($12.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7.50, BTN calls $7.50

Turn: Q:club: ($27.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $14, BTN goes all-in $36.50, Hero folds

On the turn he still can call 9x Jx and if im raised im done with the hand.
      nh?
      One more option - fold pre. What do you think of 3bet?
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I wouldn't 3-bet that particular villain preflop. Because he won't fold anything and you play oop a huge pot with marginal hand.
      Savest is fold but if you give yourself an edge you could consider a call even oop.
      As played: Flop contibet is good.
      On Turn: The worst card in the deck hits, because you beat nearly nothing. AA, KK, Qx, JJ all have you beat now.
      So I guess I'd play c/c and most probably c/f on river or if he is passive c/f turn.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

I wouldn't 3-bet that particular villain preflop. Because he won't fold anything and you play oop a huge pot with marginal hand.
      Savest is fold but if you give yourself an edge you could consider a call even oop.
      As played: Flop contibet is good.
      On Turn: The worst card in the deck hits, because you beat nearly nothing. AA, KK, Qx, JJ all have you beat now.
      So I guess I'd play c/c and most probably c/f on river or if he is passive c/f turn.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
      +1
      agree, 3-bet there 8Ts is not the best play, since he´d often call hands that dominate yours
      I would c/c turn to let him bet with his gutshots and floats.
      If he shoves river then a lot of time I´m calling, since he should only shove river Qx, which he doesn´t have most of the times