Best tournament or SnG for beginner (to build my bankroll)

• 14 replies
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      9 man non turbo i would say.
    • inbalsegev2010
      inbalsegev2010
      Bronze
      Normal or double-up format?
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      normal, 1 + 0,20

Good luck :f_p:
    • qcjunior
      qcjunior
      Bronze
      As a beginner you should get your first point or two, so you can level up to bronze,then of course read all the material in the bronze sections.Any videos that are available should be watched as well,many of them put into practice what you have already read.The ICM trainer should now be a daily routine as a beginner.
      Then I would stick to normal speed FR mtt's/sit&goes.$1dons are great because you really only need to come in 5th to double.Register for every freeroll.

Good luck @the tables.
    • inbalsegev2010
      inbalsegev2010
      Bronze
      What is ICM trainer?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Your new best friend!
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      and maybe SnG is not the best strategy for building bankroll

I'd recommend FL as a way to build it. It beats all other strategies any inexperienced player might choose (if ur inexperienced). It certainly beats SSS coz at pokerstars u can only start it at NL10. Good if ur starting point in SSS doesn't fit with a downswing and ur roll falls below 40 USD, and if it does u'll have to play BSS, and ure a beginner... In SnG people playing micros don't know what they're doing so ur clever moves are like pearls cast before swine. The only free starting bankroll I have lost in my poker career was 50 bucks at Titan (it was another affiliate). I was doing pretty good at SnGs but then there was a downswing which resulted in tilt and u know what happens after that.
      So think what ur doing and try to be flexible and able to reasses ur decisions
    • MJDNCH
      MJDNCH
      Bronze
      I'm a beginner and i found sngs DoN a lot better to grind than the normal one. At least i just need to play into the final 5 to be able to double my money, while on the other hand, we need to get into the at least the top 2 to get money better than DoN which is a lot harder for me.

or should i move to cash game instead?
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJDNCH
      I'm a beginner and i found sngs DoN a lot better to grind than the normal one. At least i just need to play into the final 5 to be able to double my money, while on the other hand, we need to get into the at least the top 2 to get money better than DoN which is a lot harder for me.

or should i move to cash game instead?
      if you know how to play cash - play cash, if you know how to play DONs - play DONs, if you know how to play SnGs - play SnGs
    • Moonwolf52000
      Moonwolf52000
      Bronze
      find a game you like and learn it inside out... then find your strong points and weakness, improve your own game, study it, dream about it, make love to it :P .

Seriously find a game in which you have fun and just learn it, be it holdem, omaha, stud, razz, 5 card draw, 2-7 single draw triple draw..stud hi/lo omaha hi/lo,

then just find the variant you like tourneys sng or cash. and stick to it.

study bout it be willing to lose money to gain money in the future... never forget that poker is long term oriented.

good luck finding your game
    • blankcheque
      blankcheque
      Bronze
      play 1c 2c or 5c 10c i did that with $50 till i had a bankroll of $80 i then still played cash tables plus sngs now have 390 in 3 weeks of effort. good luck. cash tables more profit thsan sng can make $20 in two hands
      Bronze
      I would recommend the $1.20 9 man non Turbo to start. Its good practice, and the advice about watching
      the videos and articles is sound. I would not go for double or nothings as a beginner though because you
      need to be really tight in them and that can get boring especially if your not used to playing extra tight yet.
    • MJDNCH
      MJDNCH
      Bronze
      Taken up those recommendation from you guys and did alright with the 1.10 sng DoN turbo.

Read up and learnt a lot of things.
      I found playing sng turbo really helped me learn a lot of things in a short amount of time. Things like stealing blinds, playing tight / trains up one patience, Learn to read our opponents, and basic knowledge that we learn from the paperwork strategy to apply into the games itself.

Have been going down a bit in DoN in the beginning, but have came right back up to 30USD now. Have to continue grinding to 200bucks for the 5.40 sngs DoN game.
    • coreynz
      coreynz
      Bronze
      the one and two dollar tourneys on poker 888 have no antes and are very easy for building bankroll you have so much time to find a hand its unreal.