[NL2-NL10] SH NL100 FD+gutshot

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $104.14
      Hero:
      $121.44

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:diamond: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $1.00, Hero raises to $5.00, 2 folds, CO raises to $10.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Flop: ($21.50) 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $20, Hero raises to $111.44 (All-In), CO folds.

Final Pot: $152.94
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi undercover82!

I don't like this preflop limp/minreraise from CO here. It often represents a monster. Normally I would say: nice hand! But in this case and considering that CO could hold aces or kings I don't know if we have enough fold equity to make this push profitably. Normally all-in raises with gutshot+overcards+flushdraw are only profitable if we have enough fold equity.... other thoughts about this hand?

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Villain's open-limp-reraise from the CO seems a pretty weird play. I've not seen too many from LP. This villain also seems pretty passive PF. I'm not too sure what to make of it.

On the flop though I don't think you have too much choice here. Flat-call and you are folding to a shove if you miss the turn. Folding on the flop is out of the question given that you decided to play the hand PF. There is only one raise size. Even here I'm sure your FE more than makes up for the times that you are up against a set. I'd say just about EV+. NH.

The way the action played out here the only way I can see you to have played any differently to how you did would have been to open-fold (I am not suggesting an open-fold).
    • Grums2k
      Grums2k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      Villain's open-limp-reraise from the CO seems a pretty weird play. I've not seen too many from LP. This villain also seems pretty passive PF. I'm not too sure what to make of it.

On the flop though I don't think you have too much choice here. Flat-call and you are folding to a shove if you miss the turn. Folding on the flop is out of the question given that you decided to play the hand PF. There is only one raise size. Even here I'm sure your FE more than makes up for the times that you are up against a set. I'd say just about EV+. NH.

The way the action played out here the only way I can see you to have played any differently to how you did would have been to open-fold (I am not suggesting an open-fold).
      Its a difficult hand. Most certainly. If he has aces and not holding the ace of diamonds you have a 46.87% to win, however if he does have the ace you are only 42.32% chance to win and i dont think, as puschkin suggest, that you have enough equity for it to be profitable.

If we assume he has AK in diamonds you are crushed(only 30% chance to win). Re-raiseing minimum with AK preflop? Nah.

But i would have pushed in this situation aswell.