[NL20-NL50] Flopped Royal in position

• Fagin
      Hi, had this one last night and was wondering if I could have gotten any more value from it.

Cassava Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players - View hand 515346
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $60.00
      UTG+2: $19.50
      MP1: $54.41
      MP2: $68.59
      MP3: $33.24
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $17.13
      SB: $40.30
      BB: $48.93 (Stats 23/1/28 - 1,414 hands)
      Hero (UTG): $13.39

CO posts a big blind ($0.50)

Pre Flop: ($1.25) Hero is UTG with A :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero raises to $2.50, 8 folds, BB calls $2

I usually fold AQ utg but the table was playing quite tight and I was expecting to pick up the blinds. I was ok with the one call as I had position.

Flop: ($5.75) K :heart: T :heart: J :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

WOW my favourite flop of the year so far lol - I checked to try induce a turn bluff as I wanted to give the impression I missed. and hoped to get 2 streets of value on turn and river.

Turn: ($5.75) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3

I bet a little over half pot as he checked and I need to try to build something of a pot here. He just calls when I was hoping he might CR.

River: ($11.75) Q :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB calls $6

With no idea what he has and with his check I again fire out just over half pot and feel lucky that he calls.

Final Pot: $23.75
      BB mucks A :spade: K :club:
      Hero shows A :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero wins $22.57
      (Rake: $1.18)

I only discovered his cards when reviewing the hand this morning and realised he rivered the str8 so I may have been able to get a little more out of him.

Should I have put out a c-bet on the flop?
      I think I could have bet a little more on the river but with no idea of his hand I was just interested in putting out a bet he might call.

Any comments on how I could have played it better would be appreciated although I don't expect the same situation to occur again in the near future lol.
  • 5 replies
    • Fagin
      Just realised this should have been posted in the SSS section - apologiesto all, I blame confusion due to lack of sleep.
    • Kaitz20
      with your stack size check ip is fine
      Like your turn bet, but I´d shove all-in on the river
      If he is calling 6$ bet, he should also call 8.5$ shove
    • Fagin
      Yes, I agree he would probably have called the shove. At the time I was playing 6 tables at NL20 BSS and just opened the NL50 to try the SSS there due to so few other tables. Playing mostly BSS tables I was thinking in that frame of mind and just made the half pot bet automatically without checking chipstacks etc.

At least this minor error didn't cost me loads.

• BoyRobot777
      i dont know, why does the judge like check on the flop? if he has a hand, he has it on the flop, if he doesnt he wont call the turn and river. And its just wierd, check flop then become super aggresive. plus if he calls turn bet, he has to call the river shove cuz of the pot odds.
    • Kaitz20
      Since hero stack is a little more than 20bb on the flop and he can´t be sure that opponent hit his flop then better to give opponent free card to catch something that he´d call turn bet or hope he turns smt like 55 without flushdraw into bluff and bet himself on the flop what he´d fold if hero would bet himself.
      So if opponent holds smt then hero can easily get his value on later streets, but if opponent holds air, then he´d fold if hero would bet on the flop.
      If hero would be 100bb deep then I like more betting flop and building big pot ip.