This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Q10s flopped set

• Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.73
      BB:
      $11.68
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:heart: , Q:heart:
      5 folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) 4:spade: , Q:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64.

Turn: ($2.18) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.56, Hero raises to $3.12, BB raises to $4.68, Hero raises to $8.96 (All-In), BB calls $4.28. I guess its a fold on 3bet

River: ($20.10) K:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.10
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just call down against that player, if he has KK+ or (doubtful) some kind of bluff, the only way we might spook him is if we raise that turn, so i don't like raising. I would if i had a better Qx because then we might also cooler worse trips, but as it is i don't think he ever raises a worse Qx than ours preflop so I'd rather keep worse hands in by just calling. Hopefully he valuebets worse on the river.

As played exactly, unless he's a huge moron he won't continue without Qx+ so when he 3bets we beat nothing, making our raise almost worthless to begin with. Maybe if you know he'll call the minraise with KK+ and than cry pot odds and call off on the river it's okay, but that's about the only scenario where we get value from a worse hand.

Hope it helps.