50$ denied. no reason.

• OlivHE88
      OlivHE88
      Basic
      hey. i applied for the SC at cakepoker like a month ago. i sent pictures with me and my ID. i didn't have any answers on my mail. yesterday, i decided cu write a ticket about this thing... here are the tickets:

OlivHE88,
      02.02.10 22:34: hello pokerstrategy. it's been like... 4 weeks since i've applied for the 50$ starting capital at cake poker. i sent pictures with me and my ID along, but i haven't received any answer. what is going on? i sincerely adore your site, i rediscovered poker and i would love to receive my starting capital to apply what i've learned.
      i am looking forward to receive good news from you.

kind regards,

XXX
      Christian,
      03.02.10 09:45: Dear OlivHE88,

We regret to inform you that in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, we have decided not to transfer you the $50 starting capital.

However, you can take advantage of one of our exclusive http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/> bonus offers for the first deposit on one of our partner poker rooms and enjoy the other benefits PokerStrategy.com has to offer like strategy articles, videos, coaching sessions and professional hand judgments via our http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/>forum.

Best regards,
      Christian
      OlivHE88,
      03.02.10 13:14: hello.

why is that? what rules i broke?
      Christian,
      03.02.10 16:17: Dear OlivHE88,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately I do not have access to this kind of information, as this decision was taken by our security team.

If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
      Christian

i would appreciate your help. help a poker girl who is in trouble, would ya?
      thanks !
  • 18 replies
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      they never explain why they denied, and I am agree with them :|
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      cuz youre a female... thats so obvious
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Maybe u should've flirted with the support ppl more :P
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey OlivHE88,

apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately, we can't disclose this information due to security reasons, especially in public.

If you have any further queries, I advise you to get in touch with customer support again, as we can't discuss topics related to accounts on the forums.

I've also taken the liberty to remove your real name from your post.

Hadi
    • OlivHE88
      OlivHE88
      Basic
      so there isn't any way that i can get my 50$ starting capital because of a secret reason... oook... thanks a lot anyway.
      good luck guys !
      bye.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      same problem here and its not just "in public" where they wont tell you why support told me they wont transfer it because of T&C so i asked what rules id broken wouldnt tell me or wouldnt tell me who i could ask when i enquired....
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      I can understand your frustration, but please be aware that if we disclosed the details of our ID check, we would open the door for scammers trying to get the starting capital multiple times.

Hadi
    • poorrhythym
      poorrhythym
      Global
      I've got the same problem. Does anyone know of anyone that received the $50? I am starting to sense a theme here. Perhaps the offer was too successful and they can't afford it. I've seen this sort of thing happen before with people giving poker cash away.

BUT....a deal is a deal - I passed the quiz, they owe me $50 and they're not paying and like the other people here I get no explanation just "denied".
    • poorrhythym
      poorrhythym
      Global
      I've got the same problem. "Denied" is no explanation which is all I get in my password protected mail. There should be no reason why you can't explain to me the problem in private emails.

How many others are in the same situation?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi poorrhythym,

I appreciate your frustration, however there is nothing we can do.

PokerStrategy reserve the right to deny or exclude members without providing reason. You have to meet certain criteria (e.g. pass an ID check, not apply more than once etc) in addition to passing the quiz. The quiz alone is not a guarantee of acceptance.

The vast majority of applications get approved swiftly, without issue and starting capitals allocated within hours. It is only the odd case that is denied and always for a justified reason.

As previously advised, you would need to take up any concerns directly with the customer support team, members and moderators in the forum do not have access to your specific account for your own safety & security.

We're sorry we cannot help you any further here, but wish you well with your poker wherever you decide to play.

Best regards,

Bart
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      but the support team dont tell you anything either? surely they could say if it wasnt valid ID or they believe your trying to get a secong go etc but no?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      but the support team dont tell you anything either? surely they could say if it wasnt valid ID or they believe your trying to get a secong go etc but no?
      If support decline to give a reason, it will be for a valid reason, i.e. it would give away one of the security aspects it employs or would effectively tell people how to circumvent the measures in place. This for obvious reasons, they will not do.

I'm sorry that we cannot help you further ExternalUseOnly, I and my Moderator colleagues and PokerStrategy Admins have tried as you will have seen from our numerous responses.

We wish you well with your poker.

Best regards,

Bart
    • littlewing1
      littlewing1
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by poorrhythym
      I've got the same problem. Does anyone know of anyone that received the $50? I am starting to sense a theme here. Perhaps the offer was too successful and they can't afford it. I've seen this sort of thing happen before with people giving poker cash away.

i recieved my starting capital within 5 days and been playing with it succesfully, this isnt a scam of any kind.
      it is a shame i didnt work out cos this is a great site.
      but u could deposit in a poker room and use the bonus codes and still get the full benefits of this site.
    • PokerSteven66
      PokerSteven66
      Basic
      I dont have recive the money too but i dont have recive the e-mail whit that reason just dont have recive anything
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey PokerSteven,

you should have received an answer to your ticket earlier, stating that we need to do an ID check for you. That means that you will have to provide us with a scanned copy of your ID and a proof of residence to verify your data is correct and you're receiving the capital for the first time.

Please follow the instructions and you should have your $50 in no time :)

Hadi
    • Soletka
      Soletka
      Basic
      Do not expect to receive your 50 $ bonus which is promised to you if you sign with this site. My daughter got it and then she wrote to a customer support whether another member of the family can register and receive the same bonus. They said it's ok, but it turned out to be not ok. I read the strategy I chose to play, made the test and was congratulated with "50$ are now yours".... Unfortunately it turned out to remain theirs...First, they reply to your tickets very slow. Then if they reply to ask you for your ID photocopy you should write at least 3 or 4 times to get an answer back. Then, one sunny day, somebody from customer support or the security team, speaking my native language, Bulgarian, called me. Unfortunately i have left my phone home and went shopping. My daughter told the person that he could call me back about an hour later. When I wrote to customer support that I can answer now, I got no answer from anybody whatsoever. The next day I got the answer that I will not get the "promised" 50 $. And again, as all people cheated in his site, it was without any reason explaining why. Now I should leave a feedback?hmm wonder if negative is negative enough...I can only advise people not to register here as they will be cheated. And I only wish that Administrators of the site will realise that they are neither unique nor have any competition. Good luck PokerStrategy, Good luck on your further lies!!!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Soletka,

Whilst we appreciate your obvious frustration, if for whatever reason you do not pass the ID check or other simple acceptance criteria, then there is nothing we can do.

I would just empathise that PokerStrategy is a legitimate, highly regarded and well respected company in the industry and have nearly 3 million delighted customers already.

PokerStrategy are not the only poker affiliate in the industry but the level of player return both in terms of bonuses/rakeback/promotions and educational strategy & profesional highly experienced coaching is truly unique and better than anywhere else you will find.

The free $50 is a great offer, but is actually just the starting point of member value here. We would hope that you choose to take advantage of the great FDB offers here, but if you choose not to, we wish you well with wherever you choose to play.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • Soletka
      Soletka
      Basic
      Thanks, Bart, for the time you spent answering my post, but all I understood was blablabla sentences blablabla I can use blablabla to answer blablabla in different blablabla situations!

Regards,

Aneta Kircheva